The Howling Herald!

Xanthe

The Howling Herald!

Post by Xanthe »

*The wind has blown a paper against a tree. Written below are these words:*

Tired of not knowing what's going on in the lost lands?
Of having nothing to read in the Morning while eating a scone?
would you like to receive the latest news as well as many more fancy featured printed pages?

The Howling Herald is here to fill that news void in your lives. The paper, published on a Weekly basis and released on Kingsday, will feature the following sections:

-Weekly news, featuring the most relevant events.
-Gossip, featuring everything you probably shouldn't know.
-A Local interview, where one people each week will have his or her words relayed to you all.
-Story of the week, to brighten your day with a tale that may but most realistically may not be true.
-Brainteasers, with jokes or riddles to, as the name implies, tease your brain.
-Trades and crafts advertising, where people will be able to advertise their trade or craft with as much or as less detail as they desire.
-Ask us section, where your Anonymous questions will be answered by one of us writers, Calandra and Alfio for now.

To receive the Howling Herald, send a mail with your name and mailbox number at Alfio, mailbox 2442. For a price of 500 riln per edition, you will receive a folder containing all the above mentioned;
However, should you return the folder, we will refund you 250 riln.
Hoping to hear from you soon!
Feel free to include in your Subscription mail any question you wish to ask or advertisements you wish us to post in the next edition.

If you wish, you may post something of your own.

(As a side note, I'm going to try to keep it screenreader friendly, so it may not be the prettiest paper. But I'll do my best.)
You say, "There's got to be a joke in this."
Rias
DEV

Re: The Howling Herald!

Post by Rias »

This sounds fun! A suggestion: If you found a Company for the Howling Herald subscribers and recruit anyone interested in receiving the paper, you can then use the MAIL COMPANY command to easily send a copy of a written document (such as one of your newspapers) to all members.
The lore compels me!
artus

Post by artus »

We got a local newspaper now! Lol it's like a subscription to newspapers ooc in a way. I sorta like that.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Xanthe

Post by Xanthe »

Thank you Rias for the suggestion! That makes this 10x easier.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

This sounds neat, a way to spread the word about things that happens, and way, way more organized than the boards at the commons! :D
Xanthe

Post by Xanthe »

Hey there, I wanted to just apologize when I miss punctuation! When it gets transferred over, some of the characters get messed up, which means I'm editing twice (or sometimes three times.) I also know it's a bit messy for those who are visual. Either way, I want to thank everyone for their support and patience. For those who are subscribed, enjoy issue 3 tomorrow!

Return to “Player-Organized Events”