The Spaceship Vandin Part 1

For those crazy theories you're just itching to share with everyone.
Sneaky

The Spaceship Vandin Part 1

Post by Sneaky »

As the title suggests, what if Vandin was the name of the spaceship the Fasa saw in the sky sometimes? They said he was a circular ring of fire with many eyes and could only be seen after sunset on various days of the year. The description the Fasa has struck me as completely other worldly compared to the other immortals, which usually take humanoid form or spiritual ones. A discussion earlier today where someone mentioned that maybe humans were brought here from somewhere else led me to theorize that maybe this great wheel of fire with many eyes could have been a circular spaceship using atmospheric thrusters that encompass the outer rim with the many eyes being portholes in the ship.
The reason it could only be seen on certain days of the year could be because it orbited the planet slowly, perhaps surveying it for colonization or research purposes. Whoever was on board might have discovered the Fasa and dispensed some knowledge to help them along. I don't think it's described how they communicated, but perhaps it was telepathic.
Jaster

Re: The Spaceship Vandin Part 1

Post by Jaster »

A circular ring of fire with many eyes is reminiscent of the "thrones" class of angel from the Bible.

"As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. And the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. When they went, they went in any of their four directions without turning as they went. And their rims were tall and awesome, and the rims of all four were full of eyes all around." - Ezekiel 1:16-18

This is why anytime I see a depiction of an angel, I always say, "Needs more eyes."
Sneaky

Re: The Spaceship Vandin Part 1

Post by Sneaky »

It is a pretty close description. Ezekiel's vision was describing the individual creatures making up a chariot, so you wouldn't see just one by itself unless the whole thing was broken apart.

Return to “Crackpot Theories”