Item keywords

Eraene

Item keywords

Post by Eraene »

How would a way to blanket reference all items of a similar type be received? Things such as weapons, herbs, foods, all of these items of a similar type would have one additional keyword. 'Herb' for any herb, 'food' for any food item, 'weapon' for any weapon, 'armor' for any armor, and so on. I'm quite accustomed to dealing with items in this way, and would very much enjoy if CLOK worked this way as well.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I'm not sure what you're asking. In what context would this be used?
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

This is a guess only, but perhaps it would help in differentiating between, for example, my plaque-mounted longsword and my battle-ready longsword. If they were both in the same room, I could GET WEAPON LONGSWORD and it would ignore the plaque-mounted longsword, as it is not a functional weapon.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Eraene

Post by Eraene »

Let me clarify.

In a satchel, you have bitemoss (x1) and bloodwort (x1).

You type 'get herb from satchel' twice.

Which removes the bitemoss, then the bloodwort. Using the keyword 'herb' to refer to both. Is this clearer?
Ragn

Post by Ragn »

You have a mixture of items in your backpack, various herbs, boxes, bandages, etc, etc..

You could then use this to move all the herbs to another container without using "Transfer *individual herb name*" multiple times.

I imagine the main use would be for herbs, gems, pelts, and so forth compared to heavier things like weapons or armour.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Ah, I see. Yes, that could be very useful.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”