Elemancy Casting Cost

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Nootau

Elemancy Casting Cost

Post by Nootau »

Is Elemancy supposed to still cost -30 energy per cast? I thought this was going to be removed.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Depends on the spell. What's costing you that much?
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Aero, Hydro, Pyro

Geo, Geo, Pyro seems not to have a cost
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Some of the more powerful spells are intended to be particularly costly. Lightning bolt requires a bit more complicated weaving to actually make the proper mixture and conditions to produce a lightning bolt from the involved elements.

Molten Boulder should have an energy cost as well, though probably not as much as lightning. It's a more natural result of the elemental combination.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I see, the more different elements are mixed the more the cost should become?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Depends on the result, too. Just putting fire, water, and air together isn't going to spontaneously cause a lightning bolt. You have to alter and adjust the conjuration just right to get the result.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Will pure channels have any additional costs?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Do you mean like when all active channels are of the same element? In those cases, no - no extra energy cost.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Throwing small mountains at no additional cost, oh ya!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

More like large chunks of loose, crumbly sedimentary rock, but still yay for no additional cost!
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

How much energy does it take to channel 1, 2 and 3 channels of the same element? I am trying to see how channeling effects things to get an estimate if I should focus train it or let it passively train.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

A point of energy per channel per second.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

How does channeling play into this? It is some kind of roll to lessen the amount of energy used in this fashion?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It's a chance to lessen it currently, but we're looking into different ways to apply the skill. High-power spells should always remain energy-expensive to cast, and several spells get their high costs from the cost of maintaining channels alone. Negating that has been found to be too unbalancing.

One aspect that hasn't been implemented yet is chance to avoid channel interruption. This will be helpful once things like taking hits have chances of interrupting active channels. It will not effect the chance to lose channels due to armor.
The lore compels me!

Return to “The Elemancers”