About the Friends List

Alila

About the Friends List

Post by Alila »

Hi,
Maybe this is a kind of useless suggestion, since I understand not everyone is as forgetful as me, but could the friends list be expanded to a contacts or known persons list that you can add people to, and then list entry describe them for notes and maybe like a one or two word disposition thing? I’m imagining something like:

Contacts
>
Sample (friend)
Output (acquaintance)
Of (distrusted)
List (enemy)

And if you described them with some kind of describe sub-command:

Contacts list
>
Contacts list (enemy):
They ended the example. How could they? Revenge must be exacted!

I understand if it’s too much work or if it sounds kind of pointless, but does this make sense?
And thank you for reading!
;)
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: About the Friends List

Post by Lun »

Well, we do have separate systems in place for all of this. I could see benefit in consolidating them, but on the other hand I don't like typing long syntax to get something I can get with short syntax.

For people who don't know, we have the FRIEND list (IC), ENEMY list (IC), and NOTES (ic)
Friends is a way to keep track of people you know in game and you can PROMOTE them to appropriate tiers.
ENEMY is a pretty severe list - once you add them to your enemy list, your auto battle commands treat them as a hostile. It's pretty serious.
NOTE is a way to keep track of dynamic relationships.

It's all separate, but it does exist so I doubt we'll get a consolidation of them. It's easier to type enemy, friend, note, than it is to type contacts view friend, contacts view enemy, contacts friend view note etc
Kent

Re: About the Friends List

Post by Kent »

What would be awesome would be to have an asterisk * appear next to the name of anyone you have not already documented in your list of Friends, Enemies, and Notes, that way you can be sure you never met them without looking through perhaps hundreds of names on a phone screen to see if you didn't encounter them before.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”