But it's in alpha...

Jirato

But it's in alpha...

Post by Jirato »

Every try to explain CLOK to a friend? I imagine it frequently goes something like this:

You: So, I've been playing this pretty neat MUD lately.
Friend: Oh yeah, what is it?
You: It's called CLOK. It's really open ended and you can do all sorts of cool stuff in it, but it's in alpha.
Friend: Ah, how long has it been around?
You: Over six years!
Friend: Wait... what?

We made a stealth change to the wiki a couple weeks ago, but in case you didn't notice, CLOK is no longer in alpha. Yay, confetti and stuff!

What exactly does this mean?

Not much, actually. :-) It's an ongoing project. There's never going to be a "final" release, and we're never going to stop adding awesome new stuff and evaluating/tweaking existing things. The whole alpha/beta/release thing doesn't really apply well to a MUD anyway. So, you can just tell your friends that it's an awesome world that is always changing and being worked on.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: But it's in alpha...

Post by Lun »

So I can't use "but it's in alpha!" as an excuse no mo'?

Shoot. "Its an ongoing project" doesn't sound as cheesy.

Return to “General Discussion”