Position Avoid upon movement

Alexander

Position Avoid upon movement

Post by Alexander »

I would like to request at least the option to automatically change to Position Avoid upon moving to another room.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
criticalfault

Re: Position Avoid upon movement

Post by criticalfault »

Or at least allow this to be an option that could be set, just in case your hunting you don't have to "Close the distance" each time.
Jhordon -(Struck by lightning) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69NaSUdzzA
Cigano - (Friends on the other side) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

This is implemented for now as default, with no option (possible in the future) - please report thoughts/comments/concerns here.
The lore compels me!
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

I was wondering what was going on with my movements. but I really like it and it should help newbies in the, "welcome to your first day in the lost lands. Look! a Canim! MUNCH!" effect.
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.
xavier

Post by xavier »

I like it, I see where it will be incredibly useful. I would however like to throw in weight behind it being a toggle option. it makes chasing down opponents who are wounded and immediately try to flee rather difficult.
I had to chase a brigand through seven or so rooms before I could close with him to hit him a single time in order to kill him and i think i only managed that because he finally fell unconscious.
Thanks
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Your own position isn't taken into account when trying to close to melee on a target. Just the target's.
The lore compels me!
xavier

Post by xavier »

Ok I stand corrected. I still wish it to be a toggle, but i like it a lot less because of the chase the mob around multiple different room factor.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The act of breaking away from combat in order to move to another room should be putting the character into Avoid anyway, so I understand why it can make things more of a hassle when chasing a target that's fleeing to another room, but it's intended. Look on the bright side - it also helps you when you need to run away!

P.S. Being mounted, or using certain moves like charges, gives a bonus to closing on a target in Ranged or Avoid.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”