Hunger cost from herbalist healing

Rias
DEV

Hunger cost from herbalist healing

Post by Rias »

Bug Info: I eat a travel ration immediately before doing a healall at the infirmary, and yet I am dying of hunger. Unreasonable ?
Not unreasonable. When an herbalist heals you, they warn you it's a draining process that draws on your body's own resources. With more severe wounds, it can easily take more than a single rations' worth of food energy.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Note: It will never put to to the point of actual death, though you'll be close. You'll always have enough time to chow on some food after the healing roundtime before you actually die.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

The best thing to do if you're severely wounded it eat, then heal 2 or 3 wounds, eat again, and THEN healall the rest of the way.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Lae

Post by Lae »

Friendly neighborhood monk, able and willing to heal all wounds, you won't get hungry from my tending either. I'm more likely to feed you than make you hungry.

Ask for me on ESP. DO IT.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

One problem I do have when trying to heal one at a time instead of healall is that they like to heal the first thing on my injury list. So sometimes I have more severe injuries that are bleeding heavily, but oh, wait, lets take care of that scratch on my head first! Luhlz.

From a healthcare perspective, that makes no sense.
Last edited by Jaster on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Well aren't we needy? Herbalists will now heal your most wounded hit locations first.
The lore compels me!
Xzean

Post by Xzean »

Can they also heal us while we lay in front of them, unconscious and bleeding to death? Plz and thank you? ;)
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." `Steven Weinburg

Return to “Bug Reports”