Idea ability : radiant lash

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
Lae

Idea ability : radiant lash

Post by Lae »

When a monk is healing they are often times only trying to defend themselves from the nether that tends to be in the areas that they frequent. How about a passive ability that works with Halo and has a slight chance to flare out and lash light at nether trying to attack a monk in the Avoid or Ranged position? Once they move to engaged they're not really using intuition to avoid an attack, they're dealing with it and will be too involved with the fight to concentrate on defense (flaring).

It's a rough idea, and I'm not good at posting them but I figured I'd give it a shot. It would require Halo of course and probably a good deal of channeling. Thoughts?
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Spiffy concept, it'd be fun to build on.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

I would say it should activate if the monk is in tactics dodge/parry rather than just avoidance or ranged.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Lae

Post by Lae »

Hi, I'm back :

When a monk is off doing dangerous things sometimes they need to foster a calming environment so that they can work in peace. So!!

How about an ability that allows a monk who is currently haloed with light to chant sanctuary (or something close) and depending on how much meditation they have there is a chance that it will calm the environment, keeping *sentient* creatures from being able to attack. This obviously wouldn't work on something without brain function. A ghost or a zombie wouldn't really be affected by this.

This, of course, is a very rough idea and would really need to be fleshed out more. Just throwing it out here to be butchered because someone (jokingly maybe) mentioned it and of course my brain just starts trying to figure out a way for it to be possible.

:>

Will chants be something that will be available to monks eventually in any case?

Thanks!
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
Landion

Post by Landion »

I think causing something opposite of minor haunt would be rather neat. Causing the area to be really bright, and saturated with thaumaturgic light. This would burn any nethrim that entered the area... and calm any critters like you mentioned.

Just my thoughts, as this would require Rias' stamp of approval, but I think it would be very cool.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

[quote=Landion]I think causing something opposite of minor haunt would be rather neat. Causing the area to be really bright, and saturated with thaumaturgic light. This would burn any nethrim that entered the area... and calm any critters like you mentioned.

Just my thoughts, as this would require Rias' stamp of approval, but I think it would be very cool.[/quote]

I'm against anything that makes areas brighter.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Lae

Post by Lae »

I'm against you being against me being bright and stuff.
Blair

Post by Blair »

I like Landion's idea but instead of causing the area to be brighter, the spell would create an eerie glowing fog saturated with thaumaturgic energy that befuddles all creatures and inhibits any desire to engage in combat.
Lae

Post by Lae »

Le bump! Need a sanctuary type of spell or something to break engagement, I'll beg!

Return to “Monastic Order”