mailing items

ydia

mailing items

Post by ydia »

I can't be the only one out there who epically mails random stuff to people because I forget there is something else in her right hand.
My suggestion is if you have to mail items they have to be in a package rather than just being able to send items by theirselves.
I know the confirmation prompt is there, but if I forget something is in her hand I just go boom boom! This also gives more use case for packages!
((DEV Rias)) gets tackled by angry librarians and thrown out of the library, managing to get out a muffled "Remember me!" before he's gone.

You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Zeldryn

Re: mailing items

Post by Zeldryn »

Ehh, no thanks personally.

Packages were being abused because of their unctionality, being so large. It’s why they aren’t around now.

I vote folks just slow down
You declaratively shout, "frack Corvus. Support Shadgardians."
Zeldryn nods simply, that said, folding his arms back beneath a striated fiery-orange wool poncho.
Several townsfolk cheer in response to Zeldryn's shout!
ydia

Post by ydia »

I never knew they were abused.
((DEV Rias)) gets tackled by angry librarians and thrown out of the library, managing to get out a muffled "Remember me!" before he's gone.

You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
artus

Post by artus »

A package can contain as much as a backpack can. As much as it's sad, there's a reason why it has to go. I'd love a bulk mailing feature at some point for quality of life though because mailing someone 40 ingots can be quite a headache sometimes.

It's a similar kind of misusage that also made labels go with the packages.:(
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

You can always buy something like a backpack or a pouch or satchel to fill up to mail to people as well
You declaratively shout, "frack Corvus. Support Shadgardians."
Zeldryn nods simply, that said, folding his arms back beneath a striated fiery-orange wool poncho.
Several townsfolk cheer in response to Zeldryn's shout!
artus

Post by artus »

That's like over 500 riln worth of something though, and perhaps over the price of the contents inside. I can see something like bulk spam mailing being abused but sheesh 1k something price of a backpack and how much again for a pouch? 600 something?
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It might be good for the syntax to be MAIL <ITEM> TO <NAME/BOX> so you have to specify the item, instead of it just grabbing whatever's in your right hand. The right-hand-assumption thing is a pretty old way of doing things from early CLOK that has been phased out in may cases, so we may as well do it here too.

The ability to set up some kind of mass mail could probably be done, but yeah, packages were kind of the Wonder Container and were used far beyond their intent as a way to mail several items at once, which is why we don't have them anymore.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”