Where are the monks now

Humanitarians, healers and shepherds to the afflicted.
ydia

Where are the monks now

Post by ydia »

Hi all,

As I'm just coming back as a monk. Where do things stand? I see my abilities known are only showing two, so is there any point to even playing a monk at this time?
((DEV Rias)) gets tackled by angry librarians and thrown out of the library, managing to get out a muffled "Remember me!" before he's gone.

You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Lysse

Re: Where are the monks now

Post by Lysse »

CLOK is being rebooted under a new codebase. I would advise reading https://clok.contrarium.net/clokre.html for some of the basic details from Rias, and then there's an FAQ thread on the forums where he's posted a few times (and folks have posted notes from voice chat FAQs) at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7530
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Adresin

Post by Adresin »

Depending on what those abilities are that you have, maybe?

My monk had been last played before an ability revamp, so she has literally no abilities. As a result, she can only heal slight wounds even though she has over 1k thaumaturgy, and so I've shelved her for the time being.

On the other hand, there was a monk, Abenthy, who was around quite a bit for a while there. He was able to heal any wounds and do soul beacons. He was involved in rp and would follow people into combat for healing purposes, which was amazingly helpful with practically no mobile healing items available. I say practically because technically there's a wagon with some, but they're expensive and the wagon is incredibly difficult to find especially for those of us without horses so some definite barriers there.

There's still a lot of work to be done, but some legacy characters have certainly done well as well as new characters.
mercer

Post by mercer »

I only have the quickchannel skills. and my ranks also seems to be a bit lower than it was. i assume this will all be fixed in time, but i shelved him for now
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: Monks who have for whatever reason lost their abilities can now ASK Dimmes about abilities to re-learn the basic healing tiers and Soul Beacon spell.

Other abilities still need to be restored with the updated codebase.
The lore compels me!
ydia

Post by ydia »

Will the monks ever be able to help at the infirmary or will that be reserved to other medical types?
((DEV Rias)) gets tackled by angry librarians and thrown out of the library, managing to get out a muffled "Remember me!" before he's gone.

You overhear the bartender exclaim to a patron, "What do you mean, you just want water?! Fine, fine ... but you'd better at least buy something to eat."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

ydia wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:13 pm Will the monks ever be able to help at the infirmary or will that be reserved to other medical types?
Per the changelog: Wounded NPCs will now occasionally spawn in infirmaries. PCs are welcome to volunteer assistance with their treatment, but will not be paid for it.

That doesn't apply to monks only of course, but it does give some opportunities for monks to get some healing going for now. It's not meant to be a constant steady source of work. The on-medical-duty system from COGG had a pretty big issue in that people could just sit in an infirmary all day every day performing healing at no risk and no cost, never having to move or rest or eat, and generating a lot of money from it the whole time. It was very broken. We'll have something similar to that for both Monks and Physickers, but task-based rather than an easily scripted indefinite idle task. Including sending the healers off to other locations from time to time to do on-site healing work instead of just sitting in one room, and sometimes even going out of town to more distant or potentially dangerous locations!
The lore compels me!
ydia

Post by ydia »

Awesome! Thanks this helps me get my girl back into it!

Return to “Monastic Order”