Skill Grind: Critical Success Bonuses

Gorth

Skill Grind: Critical Success Bonuses

Post by Gorth »

I know we don't actually have a concept of critical success, in this game. But what if our skill gains for an action were doubled, or maybe even tripled, on an endroll of ninety or higher? I don't think it would change too terribly much, because how often are you getting that kind of roll on something that will give you good practice. I just think it would help as a little bonus, here and there.
Sneaky

Re: Skill Grind: Critical Success Bonuses

Post by Sneaky »

I get end rolls of 90% or better on enemies that are rolling defenses well above my attack rolls frequently. That's just using stealth and fracture penalties along with morale and aim bonuses. I imagine they will be more frequent with the introduction of abilities. Just something to keep in mind. It might be nice to have skill gains scale based on how successful you are, but honestly it's probably too much. I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything, just something to keep in mind.
Gorth

Re: Skill Grind: Critical Success Bonuses

Post by Gorth »

That's more along the lines of what I was thinking, and yeah, I tend to get a decent amount of them flat, with stealth and stuff. It's a hard thing to balance.

I was thinking that maybe the amount you get could be scaled up slightly and then be based on how good your endroll is, instead, too, like you said.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”