Inn Rooms: Renting Rooms

Dorn

Inn Rooms: Renting Rooms

Post by Dorn »

Hello!

Completely understand the reason why we're currently unable to rent rooms for multiple days, or for a duration beyond a point.

My only suggestion is something in regards to when you rent to establish this fact for players without having to look towards outside sources.
You are currently renting Corvus Barracks, Private Room, and the checkout time is in 4 days and 20 bells. You can check in to your room at any time.
You can rent room to prepay an additional day, up to 7 days.
You can rent cancel to cancel your prepaid rent (and allow you to rent a room at a different inn once noon checkout has passed).
Just something added on in line with, "Can give you another few days, but don't want to commit beyond that. Busy round here." Or something to make the player aware that you're only able to rent for a few days at a time.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Rias
DEV

Re: Inn Rooms: Renting Rooms

Post by Rias »

Sorry if I'm not understanding the request: Are you looking for an IC version of the line "You can rent room to prepay an additional day, up to 7 days."?
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Pretty much!

You can only do one day at a time, and also can't do beyond the 7 days. I'd like to see the ability to rent multiple days at a time, but also have them stomp their foot down at beyond 7. Fluff it however you want.

There should be some availability in game as to why you can't hire more, instead of requiring looking at the forums, and I also feel like it should be easier to rent for a multiple of days instead of just hammering away at the same command.
~Dorn
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Hi Rias and everyone,
I'd rather ask for two things:
1. as the author of this post specified, the possibility to type RENT ROOM 7 instead of spamming the server with rent room rent room all the time;
2. The extended allowance to two weeks, or one month.
Thanks!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: It is once again possible to specify a number when renting an inn room to request multiple days. For example, to rent a room for 5 days, one would type: RENT ROOM 5. If the total requested (plus any current days already rented) is greater than the maximum number of days allowed, the requested number of days will be lowered to an amount that would equal the maximum.

Not mentioned in the changelog is that if you try to rent more than the maximum allowed, you'll get a brief IC message (rather than the previous OOC one) of the front desk attendant explaining what the maximum number is and why there is a maximum.

At this time the maximum has not been changed; it's still 7 days.
The lore compels me!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Amazing, thank you for the update.
~Dorn
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

When your rent runs out, it just dumps you out of the room. Could it instead only dump items and delete the room once you have left it? That way we could idle in it and not get dropped at the front desk if we happened to forget to pay?

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”