Working with What We Got

Protecting those who can't protect themselves and keeping evil at bay.
Smoothcoffee

Working with What We Got

Post by Smoothcoffee »

Hi! This is sort of my first BBS post that isn't on the humor boards, but I wanted to just kind of plunk a couple of things regarding the Templars here for discussion.

While I understand how we stand with the new guidelines, I want to see if we can't work together to reach some sort of compromise.
My two main concerns are the lack of guild-specific crystals that we no longer have access to. The newer templars were able to get the last remaining crystals, but I feel like the lack of this simple thing is more a hindrance to the guild than it is. Again, I understand the want to withdraw templar support, but please at least consider letting us have this.

A second thing is the thaumaturgy skill requirement to teach new Templars new abilities. As I understand it, we are not meant to have such high skills in this regard that we essentially become a backup monk that just happens to fight. I love the idea of learning from older templars, but I feel like needing over 1k thaumaturgy to teach a rank 2 skill is a very big ask. If I am wrong in either of these things, please let me know.
I love what I am doing, I enjoy the rp it has brought me, but I would really just like some bare necessities.
-SC
Vaelin

Re: Working with What We Got

Post by Vaelin »

Waait, the thaumaturgy req for rank 2 needs 1k +? YeH, unless that scales higher with higher level abilities, that’s going to hurt. I wonder, do you need thaumaturgy to even learn the none light abilities, like master guardian?
Smoothcoffee

Re: Working with What We Got

Post by Smoothcoffee »

As far as I understand it, Maric's skills is nearing that 1k and he couldn't teach us anything. :(

Return to “Knights Templar”