Replies to support emails

Lun
CLOK Patron

Replies to support emails

Post by Lun »

So I'm not sure the volume of support requests you guys receive, but at times, it can feel like our emails go unread or unnoticed. It would do wonders for my psyche if I received some sort of generic prewritten response from a GM after my email has been read on whether the issue is being resolved or not.

Example templates:

Thanks for your suggestion, We'll look into this.

Yours Very Truly,
GM
Thanks for reporting this issue, we've informed Jirato

Yours Very Truly,
GM
Thanks for reporting this issue, I am Jirato and I have been informed.

Yours Very Truly,
Other GM
Thanks for your opinion, I guess.

Sincerely,
GM

It might set the playerbase at greater ease that they know their issues are or aren't being worked on.
Jirato

Re: Replies to support emails

Post by Jirato »

I tend to go through these emails once every week or two and look for anything that may have gotten missed. You're not going to get an immediate response unless you have some sort of genuine emergency such as being locked out of your character.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Thanks, J! I appreciate everything you do for us! I know it's been a busy week.

I just heard groans on chat about their issues not being resolved in a timely manner and I know you guys do look at the emails all the time. Thought I'd throw in this suggestion for them, as well!
Noctere
GM

Post by Noctere »

Also keep in mind that any e-mail sent to support@clokmud.com also gets sent to others on the GM team. So there is some redundancy. If there is a game breaking problem I will make sure that J hears about it, if he hasn't already, or if there is an e-mail for something or someone in my Guruship that I miss, then others on the team can remind me too. (Yes I know about the recent request, please be patient. Winston is a busy man)

Also recently, we had a player who was unable to log in and sent a couple e-mails for help. I also got those e-mails but was unable to assist at the time. That is no longer the case and I can now assist with some emergency actions such as password retrieval if the player can be identified correctly as owning the character.
It's not easy being evil...
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Noctere wrote:Also keep in mind that any e-mail sent to support@clokmud.com also gets sent to others on the GM team. So there is some redundancy. If there is a game breaking problem I will make sure that J hears about it, if he hasn't already, or if there is an e-mail for something or someone in my Guruship that I miss, then others on the team can remind me too. (Yes I know about the recent request, please be patient. Winston is a busy man)

Also recently, we had a player who was unable to log in and sent a couple e-mails for help. I also got those e-mails but was unable to assist at the time. That is no longer the case and I can now assist with some emergency actions such as password retrieval if the player can be identified correctly as owning the character.
I appreciate that there is someone other than Jirato to handle any kid of password issues. I still agree that thre should be some response sent to the player, even from other staff to state that the proper individual who is able to fix or answer will be notified. This way a second or third email doesn't have to be sent by the player asking if anything has been read. Without sounding ungrateful, it was a little off-putting to not get anything back, especially about a password issue.

Thanks again for working on that. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

I am adamantly against some sort of canned form letter "got it" reply to every support email. It just adds extra work and becomes meaningless. Please rest assured that we read every email that is sent. Most issues that actually warrant a reply will be responded to within 96 hours. If you don't hear back from us after several days, and feel your email actually warranted a reply and wasn't a "FYI" type of email, feel free to send us a note. Please keep in mind we do not have staff that handles CLOK support full time. We all have jobs and other obligations outside of CLOK.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Very true.
ironcross32

Post by ironcross32 »

It does seem like communications from GM's to players is an issue. That's something yall could work on I think.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”