Mining explosions are too fast

Lun
CLOK Patron

Mining explosions are too fast

Post by Lun »

So this wasn't an issue I saw in the past, but... I was mining earlier today, and I was locked into 8 second roundtime from mining.

You continue mining away at an obsidian vein with your smooth-handled iron pickaxe. (M:203)
You manage to dislodge a small chunk of rough obsidian from an obsidian vein!
The small chunk of rough obsidian falls to the ground. You quickly place it into a birch-planked
handcart.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

(energy -13)
** A sudden hissing sound fills the air!

I was unable to leave the room since I was locked into RT, and 8 seconds, I consider, is one of the shorter possible round times. Recently, another Artisan was caught in at least three explosions due to being unable to leave the room in a timely manner, as well. I don't remember the explosion timer ever being as short as 7 seconds, so maybe there's a bug? In case this is a feature, I'd like to suggest that the timer be extended at least 1 more round of hissing. Otherwise the explosion is kind of a guaranteed semi-murderous event.
Dorn

Re: Mining explosions are too fast

Post by Dorn »

I've had this happen with cave-ins as well. Despite immediately fleeing I've had zero chance of making it due to the roundtimes involved.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

I'll double check the code next time I'm at the computer, but double check your encumbrance and make sure you're not wearing any armor, it adds round time.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I do it in the white, an still have issues. Rarely, but it happens.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Thanks for your quick response! It definitely wasn't my own round-time that was catching me off-guard, it was the short 7 seconds to explosion timer.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”