Walking the bridge in Haiban...walking, and walking, and...

Kent

Walking the bridge in Haiban...walking, and walking, and...

Post by Kent »

I would like to opine on the experience of crossing the river via the bridge in Haiban.

A body has to walk 5 or more times to travel from South Haiban to North. The experience makes for the feeling that once is traversing
the entire span of Mistral's lake.

Conversely, if one goes out the town gate, west a bit and across the lake via that outdoors bridge, one has only to walk once to cross that bridge over the same river.

My solution would be to shorten the bridge in Haiban to only 2 rooms, this would make for a more realistic feel for that bridge.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Brenna

Re: Walking the bridge in Haiban...walking, and walking, and

Post by Brenna »

Hmmm. I suppose that makes sense, though I like the grand feel of it. But points for realism, I guess! :D
Adaria

Post by Adaria »

Honestly, considering wilderness for homes are supposed to be a league, we don't actually know how long the bridges crossing the river. It may very well be the same distance as the squares in town, but we don't know that for sure.
[[Althea (lying down, pie-splattered, haloed by light, calm, asleep, mesmerized)]]

Maric says, "The worrying thing, is that this cave seems to be safe, haven't seen anything in here."
a fallen dreadnaught arrives via a crack, armor clanking.
Maric says, "I shouldn't speak."

[CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: Evil is such a wonderful word. It defies "i" before "e", it defies goodness and when spelled backwards it defies death.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Adaria wrote:Honestly, considering wilderness for homes are supposed to be a league, we don't actually know how long the bridges crossing the river. It may very well be the same distance as the squares in town, but we don't know that for sure.
Honestly, a person can traverse the bridge much faster than going around through the wilderness, thanks to round times in wilderness travel and the lack of such going through cities. I would say the bridge is great as is, especially as the actual distance traveled is much less than going around as Kent says is faster. Maybe 5 or 6 leagues considering wilderness rooms size?
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

I pretty much hate those artificial wilderness bridges. They're just added as a convenience feature than anything else, and still fall within the wilderness "compressed space" concept, while the one in Haiban is not. Those rivers are massive, they're not tiny little streams that you just casually step over.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”