Interested in becoming a Lorekeeper?

Jirato
DEV

Interested in becoming a Lorekeeper?

Post by Jirato »

Someone asked me if this guild was going to be abandoned with Vinz's absence. The answer is no. Though I'm not entirely sure how much development time I can dedicated to it (It's already fairly fleshed out, fortunately).

It is still an invite-only guild, however. If you wish to join, seek out an existing member to aid you with the required rituals and RP. They will NPCmail the guildmaster with their recommendation and I will review the logs. Please note that it is only open to unguilded people, no transfers from the Tse Gaiyan guilds or any other guilds.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Re: Interested in becoming a Lorekeeper?

Post by Tangela »

If you require a consultation with Aleari, or her participation, please send her an in-game mail or pm me here with the day and time and I will do my best to be available.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I think some general info about this guild might be helpful. Why is there druidry involved with lore keeping, just seems odd. lol.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

Sure! So the basic idea of this guild is that they are druids. They are interested primarily in the Gaea, protecting it, communing with it, and, when possible, helping others to be in alignment with it. They are spiritualists, teachers, and ritualists, interested in the spiritual and physical relationship with the land, and with Atros, the goddess who represents the Gaea, and Madrim, the green man and cultivator of herbs. RP often consists of rituals performed to strengthen your connection with the gaea, as well as using the guild abilities, which I can't discuss at any length, but they are in line with these general principles. For inspiration of possible rituals, you might look at
http://www.paganlibrary.com/rituals_spells/index.php
As for the name, it refers to the fact that they are supposed to have been in hiding, and possess secrets, or lore, related to the Gaea not known to other Gaea-using groups like the Udemi, though they work closely together.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I have a character who might be interested in such, if he came across them somewhere on happenstance or something. He's been kinda put back for a while, but if I could find something interesting like this for him I might play him a bit more. I'd originally planned for him to be part of another druidry focused guild, but thanks to a few current events that doesn't seem -all- that likely. Don't know how "Lorey" he'd be though, considering he's illiterate hue.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Ah, I see. Not what I had expected. I had thought the guild was set up to keep track of events in history and such. It makes a lot more sense to me now.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

Kunren, as most of the lore is probably passed down primarily orally, illiteracy shouldn't be a problem. We are probably going to start keeping more written records, both of druidry lore, and possibly other logs of events, but that won't be our primary purpose.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

If it is of interest to people, I can hold another public ritual or gathering such as the solstice event I did back in June. That might give people a feel for things and a chance to start RPing out your own rituals.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

Hopefully we will meet each other in game sometime to talk it over in character. The character I was referring to earlier isn't really... Connected, but I will be on him some today likely.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
blindndangerous

Post by blindndangerous »

I'd be down for another ritual.
A towering white-furred snow yeti exclaims, "Oog!"
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

First, apologies for the thread necromancy, but it seemed the most appropriate place to approach this. Since to my knowledge there are no active PC lore keepers, I'd like to find out how joining might work presently. Are any of the Udemi aware of the relevant NPCs to mail should they get come across potential recruits who are more interested in the pro-nature/more druidy things and less interested in becoming devoted anti-resen warriors who happen to use nature as one of their potential tools? I'm positive I'll hear some names to write eventually, but figured it was worth asking here.

Thanks!
Ruta

Post by Ruta »

What exactly is this guild, and what are they meant to do? The link on the wiki is broken.
Ruta

Post by Ruta »

Anyone? Genuinely curious.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Ruta wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:49 am What exactly is this guild, and what are they meant to do? The link on the wiki is broken.
Tangela wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:24 am Sure! So the basic idea of this guild is that they are druids. They are interested primarily in the Gaea, protecting it, communing with it, and, when possible, helping others to be in alignment with it. They are spiritualists, teachers, and ritualists, interested in the spiritual and physical relationship with the land, and with Atros, the goddess who represents the Gaea, and Madrim, the green man and cultivator of herbs. RP often consists of rituals performed to strengthen your connection with the gaea, as well as using the guild abilities, which I can't discuss at any length, but they are in line with these general principles. For inspiration of possible rituals, you might look at
http://www.paganlibrary.com/rituals_spells/index.php
As for the name, it refers to the fact that they are supposed to have been in hiding, and possess secrets, or lore, related to the Gaea not known to other Gaea-using groups like the Udemi, though they work closely together.
I read some druidic fiction, listened to a few modern druid podcasts, and have a couple to read items I want to get to, but the summary above is the best I've found so far.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

I am so glad to see interest growing in this guild, and hope it will continue to do so. I think all the questions here have been answered, but let me know if there are more that weren't answered.
Maeriwyn

Post by Maeriwyn »

I would definitely be interested in this guild!

Good luck finding me though... :(

Return to “Wardens of the Grove”