Hands-Free Lanterns

Sevoi

Hands-Free Lanterns

Post by Sevoi »

Would it be possible to have some kind of hands-free lantern? I don't really know how this would work on someone just walking around. But for people with wagons/handcarts - maybe a pole or a hook attachment for the wagon/handcart so miners/etc. can pull their stuff without having to use their hands for lanterns?

Actually, for wagons this may be less of an issue since the horse would be pulling the wagon. Still.
Kunren

Re: Hands-Free Lanterns

Post by Kunren »

Certain guilds already have the ability for hands free "lanterns". I agree not being able to hook a lantern on to the side of a wagon or handcart is annoying though. Hey, that's what newbies are for though, pay one to be your lamp carrier XD
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
dark

Re: Hands-Free Lanterns

Post by dark »

Hello.

I do really think this is needed, in fact for new players, either the ability to hang a lantern on a cart, or something like a safety helmet lamp for mining. it's not unreasonable given the level of technology of the game see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_lamp

I've just given minging a try, and while I liked the activity, the need to constantly juggle a lantern and pull a hand cart was a real pest, particularly sinse if I didn't remember to try the pull command when holding the lantern in one hand, once I put the lantern in the handcart to carry it everything when dark and my character couldn't find the hand cart.

Actually, if lantern hooks for handcarts or helmet lamps don't get added, simply the ability to use the pull command in the dark would speed mining up no end, (though when putting a lit lantern in a handcart sends the place pitch dark I don't know).

Of course if I had a horse to pull the cart that wouldn't be so bad, but it's affording things like horses I wanted the mining for in the first place :d.
ore to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.

(George R R Martin).

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”