Finding RP

Rakon

Finding RP

Post by Rakon »

Where do people generally gather on CLOK? I saw a few people but they mostly cruised on by before I could do more than get a look at them. I've played on other RP-enforced games and I feel like there's a community there, where I can throw out a 'hey, wanna do [thing]?' to people generally and someone will always respond, even if they say no. I'm spending my time foraging and hunting to earn some money to improve my gear, etc, but it's solitary and I have the feeling of being alone. What am I doing wrong?
Fayne

Re: Finding RP

Post by Fayne »

Utilize ESP. Ask what others are doing, where they're at, see if they can help you or if you can help them. Other than that, hang out in Haiban. It seems to be the most active town lately. You really have to get people's attention though. Remember, our PCs and the NPCs you see are not the inly people in the world. You are technically just another face in the crowd to sveryone you haven't met. So, make yourself seen! Get attention! ESP really is the best way to find people to RP with.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

Asking for company on the In Character ESP network is usually your best bet as a newbie. Sticking around towns is as well. Certain guilds also foster good RP communities -- a great way to meet people is asking for members of certain guilds.

About the worst thing you can do to find RP is hunt and forage alone, as a lot of people tend to be less responsive while they're also doing this. Don't be discouraged if a few people blow you off or walk past you, there is some great RP once people realize you're looking for it.
Rakon

Post by Rakon »

I've seen messages come in on ESP but I thought the crystal I had from when I first started had expired at some point so I couldn't send messages on it. And I've not heard of Haiban at all. Where is it? I'm still learning where things are. I can't seem to get past the first crossroads north of Shadgard without something trying to eat me. The only other town-like place I found had some kind of infected monster hanging around (thank goodness for the peer command!).
blindndangerous

Post by blindndangerous »

I'm going to add in my suggestion as well to talk over esp and you'll meet people that way too. It's how one of my characters (or maybe they both met her this way?) met Lacie through the branches of the guild that they're in. Foraging is a very lonely thing to do, but once you have some money, you'll be alright. Once you get a clear pendant, at least you'll be able to talk to people while you do it.
A towering white-furred snow yeti exclaims, "Oog!"
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

Check post offices or general stores for 'crystal pendants'. Help ESP has a bit more information, and it's very handy.

Also, for an idea on where other places are, buy a map of the Lost Lands and examine it.
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

First, let me say hello, and welcome back to Clok. I saw you on the who list today, but didn't hear you speak over the pendant but I did notice you there and was interested in knowing a new person. There are so many people who love RP here and as soon as you're heard, they'll come flocking I'm sure. Usually getting started takes a bit, but getting help on tasks and things is one way to get to know people, also the stuff suggested above. Again, welcome, and I can't wait to meet your creation for our community.
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.
xavier

Post by xavier »

welcome back, glad you want rp. when i'm around i'm always up for some. I just recently returned to playing myself as well. Haiban is off to the northwest beyond ebonwood pass and valeria. right now i'd just suggest packing up on food and running past the things that want to eat you.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

I'm pretty sure I ran across you the other day, but it looked like you were busy chasing a squirrel ;) Try to get one of those pendants asap. There's always RP to be had.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Welcome to CLOK!

The things I was going to say have already been suggested. Just don't be bothered if some of us don't respond very well. The thing about CLOK that I like is that not everyone is friendly IC but that's generally because there are so many personalities and types.

Again, welcome to CLOK and I look forward to roleplaying with you. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

As has already been said, using an ESP pendant is likely your best bet. You can ask for help in tasks (not meaning strictly guild tasks, but anything your character wants to achieve that day), or for IC info regarding a particular region or organization, ask someone to give you a tour of an area, ask if anyone wants to get a drink together, or even just outright say you're looking for some friends/companions/allies - being alone and unknown in the dangerous Lost Lands is highly risky, after all - you should always have someone watching your back!

Foraging and game hunting in particular tend to be solitary activities, since A) you're out in the wilderness off the beaten path and B) there's not much others can particularly do to assist you. Getting comfortable being social on the ESP network can really cut down on that sense of solitude.

Glad to have you with us, and I hope you stick around!
The lore compels me!
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

Agree with everyone here, esp is a great way to meet people.

Joining a guild is the single best way I've found to meet people, however. My character's name is Aleari. She's a member of the Udemi and she's more than happy to train with you, RP, or just show you around a bit.
Last edited by Tangela on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Thanks for all the responses and input, folks! I've since bumped into a few people IC and at least chatted a bit with them. I'm also tossing in the occasional peanut-gallery comment on ESP. Settling in slowly! I look forward to being Rakon at more of you in the near future. :)

Return to “General Discussion”