CLOK promotion

Alexander

CLOK promotion

Post by Alexander »

Jhordon and I have been attempting to promote CLOK on mudconnect.com and topmudsites.com. If you enjoy CLOK, I urge you to please do the same. If others see a greater number of people proclaiming their enjoyment of CLOK, perhaps we will find more visitors and new members of our excellent community.

If any know of other ways we might help promote CLOK, please post here.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Makkah

Re: CLOK promotion

Post by Makkah »

Word of mouth. I used to promote it a lot on the Gemstone IV fanboards (forum.gsplayers.com). Drew quite a bit of traffic a couple of years ago. I used to promote on Lichnet in Gemstone when I still played, also.

Promoting on these MUD boards you have is the way to go.

One idea I had a long while ago (although Jirato discounted it due to possible badgering) was to send an email out to all the registered email addresses from the password recovery system. Just a little "Hey, we're still here having fun in CLOK! We'd love to have you back." kinda thing.
Vinz

Post by Vinz »

Some kind of a "Old School Reunion" would be kind of an interesting idea. See if perhaps we could have something interesting planned for everyone. As well I think people would want to log in if they believed they would get a chance to see old friends they haven't in years. If it sticks to one email, then I don't believe it would be to much of a bother. Would it be possible to only send this email to those who actually put in some time verses sending it to people who had a character for less than a day? Would cut down on the mass mailing and target only those who showed even a bit more interest.
-*- GM Vinz -*-
Haite says, " ...Diamonds are also hard, really really freaking hard."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've contacted TopMudSites.com, and hopefully they finally validate the MUD now that there's a vote link on our main page.
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

Makkah wrote:Word of mouth. I used to promote it a lot on the Gemstone IV fanboards (forum.gsplayers.com). Drew quite a bit of traffic a couple of years ago. I used to promote on Lichnet in Gemstone when I still played, also.

Promoting on these MUD boards you have is the way to go.

One idea I had a long while ago (although Jirato discounted it due to possible badgering) was to send an email out to all the registered email addresses from the password recovery system. Just a little "Hey, we're still here having fun in CLOK! We'd love to have you back." kinda thing.
This would be okay if it happened only three times a year, that wouldn't be badgering....there would out of courtesy be an opt-out option in the e-mail.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “General Discussion”