additional guild facilities

Sneaky

additional guild facilities

Post by Sneaky »

Yesterday Rias had asked for some feedback on more guild facilities/features, and so this is what this list consists of. Feel free to add your own ideas, or tell me why mine are not favorable. Hope it helps.

mummers:
pranks and other prop like items, maybe some magic tricks, possibly the ability to work with a gm to special code something as long as it is simple, or has a simple function, E.G. room sendsfor special affects.
brotherhood of the fist
special facilities that allow them to spar with one another and have boosted skill gains while in those rooms. Perhaps cheaper healers for wounds moderate and above. Some brawling weapons, knuckle dusters etc.
the claw of shar
The availability of a master combat trainer in all guild locations. Perhaps reduced prices for learning as well. Access to disguises, changes their appearance and their display names.
Dwaedn Wyr,
Don't really know what these guys have or need.
The Elemancers,
From what I can tell these guys are pretty much set on their guild facilities.
• The Guild of Thieves,
Pretty set on their facilities.
The Knights Templar,
Don't know what they have, or need. From what I've heard it is set though? no idea. Maybe give them access to warhorses with higher stamina? Maybe special grouns they can practice their riding skills that give more skill gains while in it.
• The Monastic Order
Again, not really sure.
• The Mercenaries of the Western Coalition
Bonuses to their skill points from practicing from guild trainers. Maybe 2 skill points instead of 1, and 1.5 untill the next lesson? Not sure what elsse to really give these guys. Maybe free and faster repairs for their weapons and armor.
• Rook Parlour,
Some libraries in which they can study and have a chance to either learn less or more in sorcery than they would from a regular guild trainer. For example, john goes into the library after spending some recognition points and studies a few choice books. He then learns 3 skill points on top of the 2.5 double bonus, or gains nothing on top of the 2.5 double bonus. Possibly something inbetween.
• The Shadgard Outriders,
I don't know what they have or what they need.
• Snowpine Lodge,
I don't really know what these guys want or need.
• The Artisans
More access to consumables to sell, possibly the ability to produce better gun powder with high enough herbalism? more things other than weapons armor to forge,, possibly statues or some type of sculpting, maybe plumbing? bath tubs? sinks? Nooo idea.
• The Udemi,
I think there were plans to make areas in the chapter house where bonuses were given for wood working, so that would be nice for them I think. Maybe access to above average bows and arrows.
The Utasa,
nothing because thieves rule.
seriously, thief 4EVA, but really I think they could use some more lovin, I just don't know what that lovin consists of.
jilliana

Re: additional guild facilities

Post by jilliana »

Here are my thoughts:

Brofist:
They already have the sparring areas, two in fact. Maybe make the bandages cost 1 riln instead of two or use guild points to purchase. Some gear that wouldn't affect encumbrance by much that would help with kicking/punching a bit harder.

Templar:
I know it's already been suggested endlessly but...yes yes...repairs for the armor on the destrier.

Dwaedn:
Not sure what all they have but they could possibly use a place to repair the paws and the like that would require guild points and a handful of hours for repairing wait-time.

Mummers:
They could use props for performing.

Outriders:
Definitely living facilities in a nice home in Shadgard and maybe free stabling there as well. Of course I can't forget some nice horses.

Wyrvardn:
A fancy/quick way to access the chambers from the lower levels would be nice. A store in which items that interest the founders of the guild are sold as well as weapons that go along with each of their areas of expertise. The infirmary in Morhollow could offer low-cost services.

As a matter of fact. Some guilds could possibly have the perk of having low-cost services around the towns or hamlets they are based in. Infirmaries, tannery repairs, all that. Of course, each one would vary to make them all different. Some would require less riln, some would require guild points, that sort of thing.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Sneaky wrote: brotherhood of the fist
special facilities that allow them to spar with one another and have boosted skill gains while in those rooms. Perhaps cheaper healers for wounds moderate and above. Some brawling weapons, knuckle dusters etc.
Sparring is on the to-do list, minus the "boosted skill gains" part. Sparring is great RP for Brotherhood of the First members, but adding skill to it just turns it into another grinding mechanic. While I enjoy seeing people get together for a friendly spar, I really hate the fact that all they need to do is grab an available monk or Templar and then just receive free no-risk skill. I'm working on some sparring stuff both for events and tasks. The idea I'm tossing around right now is to disable skill gain during the actual combat rounds and then award a flat skill amount after the match.

Healing costs within the Brawler's Retreat are another issue that I've been tossing around. The only reason why Brotherhood of the First members have to pay at the infirmary now is that it was brought up that it wouldn't be financially feasible for Arlen to support it. It's not exactly a riln generating guild. Maybe I can re-evaluate this once the inn rooms on the second floor of the tavern building are out.

Brawling weapons might see their way into the shop at one point, but that's not really the focus of the guild at all, so I'm pretty hesitant. That and the current brawling combo doesn't really utilize weapons (worn or held) at all.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
xavier

Post by xavier »

I'm going to list things here regardless of the fact that I know some are going in already. this is just in case it gives someone else an idea.

Templars:
Armor rack in living cells.
plate helms with raisable visor.
Slightly more filling food choices in the guild shop. flatbread is awesome but is only half as effective as rations. possible price would be 4 recog points.
Additional Templar specific warhorses/destriers in Valeria.

Dwaedn Wyr:
Customization on guild specific weaponry in the bear claw shop.
Choice of animal spirit tattoo.
recog point purchases on bandages and healing in Dwaedville.

Mummers:
props. Pure cosmetic for use in storytelling, fortune telling, or whatever. I've got some ideas but not going to list them here.
costume clothing, customizable or just racks of costumes. jester, animals, stereotypical guild costumes (merc, dwaedn, templar etc) stuff like that

Shar:
in guild repair facilities for recog point.
More npc trainers spread out in Mistral Lake and possibly Haiban with available tasks.

Utasa:
Either the ability to make lockpicks or a slight increase in locksmithing skill gains. slight = 5% maybe.
trainer and taskmaster in Haiban inside a safehouse .

Udemi:
Reinstallation of the enthusiastic sniper for perception and dodge training. to avoid another abuse of this guy make it so that is all you can gain from him if possible.

Thieves:
Recog point training from the trainers inside guildhalls.
increased maximum study on guidebook. 500?
Increased selection of metals in lock shop.
I've tried to be somewhat vague so if there are questions about these paticular ones PM me.

BroFist:
Diverse selection of hand weaponry, doesn't even have to be functional. I'd love to pull out a pair of knuckledusters and put them on just for everyone to go ooo ahhh that's gonna hurt.
recog point purchase on healing at the retreat. Not bandages themselves. just the bandaging the healer does.
Special light weight items. containers, clothes. e.g. a very thin cloth shoulder sack. empty weight 0.25 pounds.

Artisans:
Special requisition of tools on loan from the guild. Average quality, rentable with riln for 24 hours at a time. 1/6 of the price of the item fully purchased.

I've intentionally left out some guilds simply because I had no thoughts on what they could use or even what they have already. +
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!

Return to “General Discussion”