Suggestion: Lets Talk About More Sparklies!

jilliana

Suggestion: Lets Talk About More Sparklies!

Post by jilliana »

The other day I decide to embark on some jewelry-making. I was a little disappointed with the options available, particularly for etchings. I think jewelry-making is a neat way for characters to be creative with their outfits and a means to express who they are.

Here are a few additions I put together. Keep in mind that things like sunds and stars are already an option for if anyone else wants to add more things.

Molds: Armband, amulet

Designs: slim, twisted, plain, dainty, thick, heavy

Etchings: leaf, vine, half-moon, heart, intertwined heart, swirl, wave, spiral, petal, daisy, snowflake, roc, wing, flame, lion, bear, key, horns, symbol, sword, dagger, gear, teardrop, snake, claw, spider, arrow, tentacle

Again, feel free to add anything. I tried to think of things that would appeal to most of the guilds and races, and threw in some etchings that would attract someone who is into immortals.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
DEV

Re: Suggestion: Lets Talk About More Sparklies!

Post by Rias »

I had a dream the other night that gave me some really cool ideas for lapidary, but I can't remember it now.

Anyway, lapidary and jewelrycrafting could certainly use some love. I know zero about them, unfortunately, so it's going to require some slogging through code ..

... wwwwaaaait, it had something to do about how many facets the gems had, I think, and it would be useful as a component or something annnnd it's gone again ...

.. anyway. More ideas, suggestions, and brainstorming!
The lore compels me!
Kent

Post by Kent »

I'd really like to be able to Attach a crafted buckle onto my belt, instead of having to wear it like a pouch where it occupies one of the precious few beltworn slots.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

I would love to see different cuts for gems, teardrop, princess cut, etc.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I don't think it has to be this complicated thing really. However, it would be nice for there to be some function to gems. Someone suggested a pretty cool function but I'll let them suggest it.

This isn't really all that urgent but it would be nice to have a place to sell crafted items, but then you know that since that was that was something everyone liked the idea of on a recent Skype conference.

Back to jewelry though - I know I'll be happy if all that was changed were more additions to etchings and design. Some of those, quite frankly are a bit on the tacky side. :)
Rias wrote:I had a dream the other night that gave me some really cool ideas for lapidary, but I can't remember it now.
---
... wwwwaaaait, it had something to do about how many facets the gems had, I think, and it would be useful as a component or something annnnd it's gone again ...

.. anyway. More ideas, suggestions, and brainstorming!
Naps are good, you know.
preiman wrote:I would love to see different cuts for gems, teardrop, princess cut, etc.
They already exist.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

Ok next time I get on Vi needs to hunt down someone to make her these things. *giggles*
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Forging: general also affects things like jcraft design. i think Jake can make some of the things Jill suggested if I remember right. Note to self: check
Liani
CLOK Patron

Post by Liani »

Some of those designs and cuts do exist. You just need to get better. Haha.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Good to know! :)

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”