crafting guild items.

preiman
CLOK Patron

crafting guild items.

Post by preiman »

I don't know if this has come up before, I am sorry if it has. I think we need the ability to either craft guild specific items, or be able to order them from the guild for a price.
I am not saying everyone should be able to make these things, but members of that guild and artisans at least.
side note, I'd love crossbows. if they are in the game, i haven't found them though I know they theoretically exist. I've seen models of crossbowmen.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
DEV

Re: crafting guild items.

Post by Rias »

Can you clarify a little? You suggested that they be able to be ordered from the guild for a price, but I assumed when you said "guild items" that you meant items that are only available via purchasing through a specific guild.
The lore compels me!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

exactly, I love that some guilds have really fun stuff only they can buy. Katars, totem mauls and the like. the problem is that as far as I can tell these items are only available as average. If artisans Can't make better, and higher quality versions of items are only available from other players, It means that those great signature items will always be just that, average.

my thought is that guild members should have the ability to make their guild only items, but beyond that, that artisans also gain that ability. maybe it's a guild ability they have to take, maybe they should need to buy an expensive schematic, or perhaps they'll actually need to study an item to learn it's making. it's actually not to far off from what they can do now, there are already several items only they can make.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

The issue with this is that the only thing that makes these items "guild specific" is that they are sold in shops that only offer their wares to members of that guild. While it makes sense from an IC perspective in some regards (we don't have gunsmiths/engineers, but a blacksmith could probably make a massive bronze claidhmore), from a game perspective it eliminates the "perk" for the guild. Once artisans can start crafting guild specific weapons, they're really no longer guild specific.

Sometimes we need to concede to this being a game and go against stuff that would be more realistic. Ultimately, it's Rias' decision, but I'd have to say my vote is no for this one. Sorry.

And trust me, an average claidhmore or totem maul is in no way inferior to a mastercrafted longsword or hammer. Although, with anything, it largely depends on the skill of the one wielding the weapon. You can get by just fine with average gear in CLOK, there's no need to have everything be exquisite/masterful.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Jirato wrote:And trust me, an average claidhmore or totem maul is in no way inferior to a mastercrafted longsword or hammer. Although, with anything, it largely depends on the skill of the one wielding the weapon. You can get by just fine with average gear in CLOK, there's no need to have everything be exquisite/masterful.
The only time something exquisite/masterful would truly matter, at least in my opinion, is that one will have the item longer.
I may be wrong though.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

Improve item:

This ability would be granted to the artisans of the western coalition. With said ability, artisans may be granted an item in an attempt to improve it. Due to the nature of items, an attempt for improvement can only be attempted once. If the attempt fails, the quality of the item will either be lowered, or if it is a spectacular fail, destroyed. If it succeeds, the skill in question would be used to improve the item.

Example 1. A dwaden hands me one of their totem mauls. I have the best woodcrafting skill in the game, so I improve it from average to exquiset. Another dwaden hands the newly joined artisan an item and they have no woodworking skill. The new artisan, in an attempt to improve it, damages the item beyond repair.

Example 2. An artisan is given an item to repair, however, after their tinkering, they are unable to grant any improvement and able to keep it's quality the same. The integrity of the item, however, is now altered and another improvement is unlikely to succeed at all.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”