Store Wagon

Elystole

Store Wagon

Post by Elystole »

I'm amazed this hasn't been suggested already, and maybe it has in which case I apologize, but I checked The Never Page and did a thorough search of the forum and didn't see it.

It'd be cool if you could <store wagon> at stables.

Why stables? Because they sell the wagons so they clearly have the space for it, because that's where you get your horse so its a natural spot for it, and because stables are already storage locations so hopefully that means less code. You can already <stable horse> there and <check> and <retrieve> them, so hopefully making them accept wagons too wouldn't be too hard.

It could be a flat rate for an empty wagon (like horses are a flat rate), or it could be weight-based like banks. I'd prefer the latter since sometimes when RL strikes all you have time for is to run to the stable. That and if I'm paying for storage one way or the other, by either running my things to the bank or leaving them in the wagon, I'd like to not make an unnecessary trip. Once horses get tack and saddlebags, I could see them charging an additional weight fee on top of stabling your horse (like they charge a healing fee) to handle your tack too.

And I wouldn't worry about there being a sudden decline in wagon theft, for those worried about that sort of thing. People already don't stable their horses.
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Collins

Re: Store Wagon

Post by Collins »

Well, you can 'return' wagons for a small refund I believe? Handcarts tend to give a bigger refund, unless that changed in the last year.

I rarely use return anymore though as a trader, since we have an awesome guild benefit called a workstall where we can park our wagons for later use. Very handy and I'd probably die without being able to park my wagons (and my horde or material for tasks and work orders) there.

And as far as I know, workstalls are completely secure, so no worry about thievery.
eextreme

Post by eextreme »

Bump...
User should be able to store their wagon with their horse (even if the price increases)
ironcross32

Post by ironcross32 »

it is something that if it hasn't been done in all this time, it probably won't be, just return them.
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

Permanent wagons are available to members of the Artisan guild and are considered a guild perk for Artisans. They may be purchased and stored in the Artisan compound wagon yard. They also cost significantly more to purchase, as they're actually buying the wagon, not renting it.

All other wagons are rented, your characters do not own them, and the expectation is that your character will use them for a limited time and return them when done.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”