Elemental Specialization

Scholars and masters of the elements of our world.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

I'm not sure if I agree, fully with the idea of multiple masteries working together to create two- or three- elemental mastery level spells. It would be easier to see if we'd have a rough idea of how much of an element can be summoned per channel. For instance uber-spells might be not be viable until seven channels. It also depends on your definition of Uber.
Makkah

Re: Elemental Specialization

Post by Makkah »

A totally crazy resurrection of thread... just curious if this ever got discussed. I think if masters of 3 different elements got together, craaaaazy things could happen. Sounds awesome.
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Well yes but it would be completely unbalanced. For example, imagine three masters of Fire, Air and Water working together to create one massive lightning storm. How big do you think that would be? How much damage would that do, considering that lightning is the most powerful single strike in the game?
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Isiaa wrote:How much damage would that do, considering that lightning is the most powerful single strike in the game?
It is not the most powerful single strike. That would be tri Pyro which can go over 100 damage in a single strike. Lightning is stronger if the target is in plate. Tri Geo is stronger than either if they wear leather.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Isiaa wrote:Well yes but it would be completely unbalanced. For example, imagine three masters of Fire, Air and Water working together to create one massive lightning storm. How big do you think that would be? How much damage would that do, considering that lightning is the most powerful single strike in the game?
It would be overpowered, but it should be. 3 adept elemancers getting together to combine forces should be a sight to behold. Restrictions could be set on it... like only once a day/week/month, etc. Seems very niche and very awesome.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

It might be cool to implement various kinds of high level "rituals" that require multiple elemental masters and a bit of preparation. I just can't think of what they would be used for but if anyone has ideas...

I don't know about allowing them to combine their spells together for attacks as I assume this would take more concentration and coordination between elemancers than would be possible.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

The first thing that comes to mind, for me at least, regarding Master level Elemancy rituals would be weather changing. Have it be taxing, but allow 3+ (perhaps more) Masters of various Elemancies to change the weather in an area in different ways, for a period.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Changing the weather would require a lasting effect and manipulation of already-existing elements, while Elemancers only have significant control over elements they themselves conjure, and the effects only last as long as the elemancers actively maintain those effects (unless significant preparations and facilities are set up - see the Aero Lift). It's true a few patterns and combinations can catalyze a short-duration lasting effect (see Ash Cloud) but weather control I think is beyond anything except possibly, say, a uniform effort on the part of a good portion of the University's elemancers and various prepared objects and facilities to assist in the process. Even then, the effect probably wouldn't be very long-lasting or far-reaching.
Orris

Post by Orris »

Isiaa wrote:For example, imagine three masters of Fire, Air and Water working together to create one massive lightning storm.
I've got water mastery covered, anyone else in on this?
Nootau wrote:It (lightning) is not the most powerful single strike. That would be tri Pyro which can go over 100 damage in a single strike. Lightning is stronger if the target is in plate. Tri Geo is stronger than either if they wear leather.
Lightning does well over 100:
You point your alder wand at an infested carrier while channeling extra energy into the wand.
You gesture at an infested carrier.
A searing bolt of lightning arcs toward an infested carrier. (R:800 vs D:100) 120 electric damage to the left leg!
Tendrils of electricity crackle and fork outward from the main bolt!
(energy -30)
Roundtime: 5 seconds.

An infested carrier moves in toward you, but is unable to get close enough.

You point your alder wand at an infested carrier while channeling extra energy into the wand.
(Changing combat position to Ranged)
A searing bolt of lightning arcs toward an infested carrier. (R:800 vs D:100) 144 electric damage to the left leg!
(energy -30)

(energy -5)
E(ha)Rng>
zap

Wait 2 seconds.

Queuing following command: zap
(You may clear your command queue at any time)

E(ha)Rng>
A searing bolt of lightning arcs toward an infested carrier. (R:800 vs D:75) 114 electric damage to the left hand!
(energy -30)

(energy -5)

zap
A searing bolt of lightning arcs toward an infested carrier. (R:800 vs D:71) 138 electric damage to the abdomen!
An infested carrier has been defeated.
(energy -30)

(energy -5)
E(ha)Rng>
An infested carrier just arrived from the northeast.

An infested carrier throws an awkward punch at you! (M:100 vs D:165) Dodged!

(energy -1)
A searing bolt of lightning arcs toward an infested carrier. (R:800 vs D:75) 121 electric damage to the left leg!
(energy -30)
My boiling water can do about the same amount, but the lightning arcs are better than the boiling water splashes, and the boiling water heat is reduced a LOT by any kind of armor, it seems, where lightning seems to do better against armored people (especially metal armor where it actually improves it).

I still do think that lightning could use a small boost since it requires three different elements and takes the 30 extra energy though.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Has there been any word on Masteries of late?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yep!
The lore compels me!
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Sweet.

Return to “The Elemancers”