Criminals beware - justice officials wise up

Rias
DEV

Criminals beware - justice officials wise up

Post by Rias »

Justice officials have wised up and now confiscate an arrestee's belongings upon arrest. The items will be stored in the arrestee's local bank vault, and cannot be retrieved until the arrestee's debt is paid off.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Harsh. I like it.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Will unconscious criminals be shot on sight until dead or arrested?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

If they're already hostile (as opposed to being wanted, but not considered hostiles/exiles), yes.

Until we improve things further.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Will they continue to be shot in their cell after they've paid their fee and then dragged from town and dumped in the graveyard? I paid for that gate! I totally did!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

People who have caused the deaths of scores of townsfolk can expect to be executed, yes.
The lore compels me!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Technically... it was Sceptus and his army of flesh golems. I just kinda hid and watched , but I see your point *cries*
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

*whispers* You kinda opened the door for them with a fireworks display.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

What happens if I'm arrested?
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

Until you pay off your dept... Anybody got some spare change? 50000 or so?
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I mean because shadgard tries to kill me, but I could still surrender and be arrested. Then all of my stuff would go into the shadgard vault, which would make it irretrievable seeing as the bank won't deal with me.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

May I suggest a different tack...currently, as it stands, when starting off on a career in crime, you get put in prison for a bit, fined, then released to where you can re-pursue crimes the very same day.

Mayhaps if, being caught in your first 3 crimes, you also (after release from prison) received a 24 exile to help you re-think your career. Then, if you continue, you get a 3-day exile for your next 3 crimes. Then, after being arrested for your seventh+ crime, it jumps to a 10 day exile, or somesuch. Maybe a little goodbye party involving tar and feathers at this point, and the seizure of all weapons and items used in criminal activity, such as lockpicks.

This would remove the abrupt transition from the current slap-on-the-wrist penalty to sudden banishment system with loss of all bank that now exists.

Should such an idea be implemented, I would like to see a written note put in the hand of the parolee as he is led out of the canyon stating which date he is eligible to re-enter that town, or be shot on sight if before.
Last edited by Lemuel on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

[quote=Jaster]I mean because shadgard tries to kill me, but I could still surrender and be arrested. Then all of my stuff would go into the shadgard vault, which would make it irretrievable seeing as the bank won't deal with me.[/quote]

That's part of the point - the choice to sneak into a town you've been banished from shouldn't be made lightly. If you find you need to do so, it might be best to leave the valuables you can't live without at home for the duration of your trespassing trip.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I'm so imagining bank heists right now.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I say yes to bank heists. And you know I can't leave my stuff when I go in. I'm a total rockstar from mars... its against my nature. Lol.

I havent been jailed since the last time I surrendered. I spect it wont be a problem.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

It's been almost a year since I first had all my stuff confiscated... that sleeping gas in the prison cell was a mean trick.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote=Rias]Justice officials have wised up and now confiscate an arrestee's belongings upon arrest. The items will be stored in the arrestee's local bank vault, and cannot be retrieved until the arrestee's debt is paid off.[/quote]

Do they take the clothes off his back, or just his non-clothing items?
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Are they given beggar robes if stripped?

Return to “General Areas”