perception from hunting

Kenionatus

perception from hunting

Post by Kenionatus »

I request that to HUNT succesfully gives perception xp.
Reason 1: It makes sense that you can train it without geting ambushed. (A silly way to train something.)
Reason 2: It just makes sense. (You are using all your senses to find animals)
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

...but does it make sense?

Kidding aside, good idea.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

While I would find an additional way to train perception very useful, I do not think this would be an ideal way to implement it. I think it would lead to a great many people using the HUNT command over and over again, without actually fighting the animal.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Maybe only if you kill the animal with a ranged weapon...
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

What would using a ranged weapon to kill it have to do with anything?

I'd like to see perception increase whenever you notice someone or something that is a challenge regardless of whether you actively searched. I know this is probably not possible due to abuse potential, but it seems strange to me that this is something we have to specifically "train" and actively work on, instead of develop very slowly in a more passive sense over time.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Kenionatus

Post by Kenionatus »

My idea to reduce the abuse potential and bring in Acarins view is to give perception xp for attacking hidden people. It seems strange, but the effect for not abusers would be the same as when they'd get the xp from the hunt command. And it includes all ways you detected the hiding player/mob.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”