Enemies list - what it means

Lemuel

Enemies list - what it means

Post by Lemuel »

I found out the hard way what adding someone to my enemies list results in. I post this to spare others.

Let everyone be advised that adding someone to your enemies list is to set your intention to attack that person on sight, or to sic your pets on that person, wherever and whenever you meet up.

If this is not your intention, do not add that person to your enemies list.

Several persons, including myself, ended up attacking other characters that they considered adversarial, but did not wish to attack on sight. At the present, I have almost no one on my enemies list to avoid such a future mishap.

Examples (that actually happened):

Example 1: You are in a room with a person on your enemies list and a mob you want to kill. If you type 'attack' or 'fire', the assault is just as likely to be aimed at the PC as the mob.

Example 2: You add a person to your enemies list. Some time later, you and your pet walk into a room where that person is sitting down, minding his own business. Your pet attacks that person on sight.
Last edited by Lemuel on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

It's worth noting that if a pet is kept in the Avoid position, they will not automatically attack people on your enemy list.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Just to clarify, this is the entire point of the enemies list - to treat people on it as hostiles.

If you need help keeping track of who you like or don't like, you can use your mud client to highlight them a specific color, use a sticky note, a text file, keep it straight in your head - the possibilities are nigh limitless!
The lore compels me!
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

I just learned about highlighting with MushClient....you right-click and use the third menu item from the top. It quickly creates a highlight which then can be edited under 'Triggers' if that character goes from 'unknown' to 'known'.
Last edited by Lemuel on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

May I suggest that if another PC attacks you, that for at least 5 minutes that PC becomes 'red' to you, so you can type 'attack' and have the shot land on them so you have a chance to fight back before they wipe you out, and no chance in attacking the wrong NPC ?

Example: In your surprise you type in 'Attack pat' intending to attack Patrick, but you end up stabbing a patrolman.

Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Are you getting attacked a lot by other players or something, Lemuel?

This particular suggestion could backfire in the case of an accidental attack or sparring. I'd like to see it left as is. If you want to attack someone, type out their name i.e. Attack lemuel. This way you avoid any errors. I think all of your problems would be resolved if you specified targets.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Gotta agree with Acarin, I do a fair amount of sparring, or using dirty tricks like foostsomp, kidneyshot, and so on on people that I'm not wanting to kill, and so far none of them have wanted to kill me back. This would cause more trouble than it'd save, if you ask me.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Don't forget that you can target people. But really, type out full names. It's not going to take you that much longer to do, and it looks like it would clear up some problems.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

I used to type out full names like you, then I met an enemy named typhonimonimous.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

You should be in very little danger of abbreviating that and catching an NPC by accident.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

you can't even abbreviate his name right, you always types "typo" or "tyo" or something like that. The guy was a PVP monster.

Return to “General Discussion”