IG Meetings

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Xzean

IG Meetings

Post by Xzean »

Seems a parlour would have get togethers in order to talk about secret stuff, give out promotions, etc. Would any other Rooks be interested in attending if I started setting up a monthly Rookery?
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." `Steven Weinburg
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

I might be if you'd actually play more than once a month. This isn't meant to come off as nice nor that mean, but seriously... How can you expect to do something like this if you're not active otherwise?
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Could we name it like an A.A. group and call it an "R.A." meeting? (Rooks Anonymous)

"Hi, I'm Jaren and I'm a Sorcerer"
"Hi Jaren......."
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore
Xzean

Post by Xzean »

[quote=Marauder]I might be if you'd actually play more than once a month. This isn't meant to come off as nice nor that mean, but seriously... How can you expect to do something like this if you're not active otherwise?[/quote]

Wow, that was some high grade douchery. Considering the main reason I don't get on is lack of not Shadgard RP, I thought I would do something to change it.
"The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy." `Steven Weinburg
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

There's plenty of non shad RP out there, I have no problem finding it on my alts.
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

...You're basically limiting yourself to Corvite RP, right? Well, that's really not going to work. If you try to stick in the Outpost -all- the time, you're going to be very disappointed, as the Corvus Outpost has a very small player base. And I'm starting to see why, if the major Corvites are inactive and then become hostile when this fact is pointed out.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

I never have any problems finding roleplay outside of Shadgard. Or outside of any major towns, for that matter.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Kontar

Post by Kontar »

Now now you two we're all friends here

I have found people who stop to roleplay in mistral and on the road, it's around if you look for it. No reason people shouldn't try to arrange for more with meetings, I think it's a good idea.
Lysse

Post by Lysse »

I'm not opposed to meetings and the like. I was just saying that I've never noticed a lack of roleplay outside of Shadgard.
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
Kontar

Post by Kontar »

Sorry Lysse I meant Marauder and Xzean, not you.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Let's meet up and have an epic battle Xzean.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Xzean

Post by Xzean »

An epic throat slitting? Yay?
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Jaster is not Acarin. He'd shoot you instead. ;)
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I've given up slitting throats anyways. Now I just make floral arrangements.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

I don't see any reason why organized meetings to promote roleplay, especially outside of Shadgard, should not be encouraged or welcomed. We have a wonderful but sometimes small population, I think allowing prep time for people to work in/around their schedules knowing other people will be on is really smart for our community and I'd love to see it happen more.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Octavia can sass sassy things now.

[CHAT - Kent the Shade Shatterer]: what do you mean, now?

[CHAT - Matilda]: Is that implying she couldn't before?

Return to “Rook Parlour”