Bug? Guards blocking every direction

Lemuel

Bug? Guards blocking every direction

Post by Lemuel »

After doin' my time in the jailhouse in Shadgard, the deputy let me out into the hallway, then when I tried to go north, the militia guards blocked me from going into town.

An admin enabled me to walk past them, but when I tried to walk out the north gatehouse, the militia again blocked me from going north into the canyon.

Somethin's not workin'.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Seems to work fine to me. Guards are generally douchebags. Especially in Shadgard. Lolz
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

[quote=Jaster]Seems to work fine to me. [/quote]

What exactly happens when you try to walk north from the gatehouse?

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

Since it is Jaster, my guess is: The guards drop their purses and run away.
[FROM Rithiel (OOC)]: Be careful what you wish for.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

The problem continues; the Constable still stops Lemuel in the street; after a minute, the Constable leaves the room and Lemuel is free to walk away. The Constable's name is in yellow and he is not otherwise hostile to Lemuel.

I've been telling other players that Lemuel is "on probation". :/ But that's getting old - been over 3 weeks since I first reported this.

I'm hoping an admin will read this and turn off the buggy setting that causes the authorities in Shadgard to block Lemuel from moving when they are in the same room together.

Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Do what I do and just don't go into town in the first place.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

It still sounds like a bug that might need fixing. But yea, I'd avoid the constable anyway.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Happily, today Lem was able to enter and exit the Shadgard street the good Constable was in, without being blocked from leaving (and thank you to the admin who repaired that setting).

But thinking the whole problem was fixed, I tried to march my character out the north gate and into the canyon when lo! Lem was blocked in the gate from proceeding either North or South. This time it was a Shadgard Militia Guard who blocked Lem from moving into any other room.

Presumably, the militia at the south of town by the church would similarly block Lem also.

Could this setting be also repaired, please and thank you?

KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Why don't you just stay out of Shadgard for a while then? It's possible that they are working on this already, and just can't isolate the bug or fix it entirely yet.

Just because you aren't being told step by step what's going on, doesn't mean you're being ignored, and the GMs aren't at your personal beck and call.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

To Skjotur and Kian,

Lemuel has regular business to conduct in Shadgard, thank you very much.
Last edited by Lemuel on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

This is being looked into, further posts that aren't giving additional information isn't necessary. Thanks guys!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

(Edited 'cause I got mad respek for Zoiya)
Last edited by KianTheArcher on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Jirato

Post by Jirato »

This has been fixed.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Bug Reports”