Request: new minor taming tasks

Tangela
CLOK Patron

Request: new minor taming tasks

Post by Tangela »

Hi,

This is something my character has started doing lately and it works well enough. She likely will continue to do so barring any IC reason not to, but I was wondering if a new task might be set up where the guild leader asks you to move animals into or out of areas dangerous to them, possibly with a small druidry increase granting if successful.

Example:

Loremaster <name> says, "We've heard that a large timberwolf has recently wandered a bit too close to the city of Shadgard and has recently been spotted in the shadgard conifer forest area. This is dangerous for people and the wolf, so we ask that you see if you can find it a suitable location in the Coldsnap hills area instead."

Success criteria would be dismissing the wolf in the new location without getting it killed or having it wander off on the way, with success text that might look something like,

"Well done. You've learned something about the native habitats of animals from this experience."

What do you all think?
jilliana

Re: Request: new minor taming tasks

Post by jilliana »

What would keep someone from "accidentally" taking them elsewhere and the animal losing its taming in the wrong area?

I really like the idea in theory, but there is potential for weirdness here.

And good RP. Jilliana has lots to say about this practice.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Re: Request: new minor taming tasks

Post by Tangela »

OOC, because the animals despawn once they're dismissed barring gm intervention or other changes to how that currently works.

IC: Nothing really at all. If you don't know how far that area is away and roughly how long you can expect an animal to stay loyal, don't accept the task. That in itself does provide interesting rp potential, though, as you suggest.

Return to “Wardens of the Grove”