Non-Task Recognition Points

A revived Aetgardian order of warriors dedicated to making the lands safe once again.
jilliana

Non-Task Recognition Points

Post by jilliana »

Is it possible that this guild can have a means to gain recognition points without task grinding?

It would especially be helpful for those of us who have a difficult time accomplishing them.

Thanks in advance! :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Non-Task Recognition Points

Post by Rias »

I'll look into it, but what issues are you having with existing tasks? (More detail is better.)
The lore compels me!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I mentioned something of this in
this thread some time back.

You and I discussed it privately. You determined that I should still be able to successfully handle the MOB in the areas we discussed. I politely disagree.

I am having particular issues with range MOB...which is about 90 percent of the tasks I have now. The rest are comprised of highwaymen tasks (which I'm happier about) and MOB that carry painful weapons or lethal poison.

I'm willing to discuss it some more in detail in private, of course.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I was wanting to know if there was an update on if this is going to happen for the guild.

More specifically that we also get the same benefit of recognition points that other melee-based guilds like Dwaedn, Templar and Brofist.

Thanks!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I'll look into it. Do keep in mind, however, that guild rank pretty much means absolutely nothing. I'm not sure off the top of my head if the guild shops are riln based or recognition based.

Basically, I don't really feel Wyrvardn actually need recognition for anything... but I'll double check when I'm at my computer.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Jirato wrote:I'll look into it. Do keep in mind, however, that guild rank pretty much means absolutely nothing. I'm not sure off the top of my head if the guild shops are riln based or recognition based.
They are riln-based though it'd be nice if some things if not all were recognition-based since after paying for healing and training, some are pretty broke.
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

jilliana wrote:They are riln-based though it'd be nice if some things if not all were recognition-based since after paying for healing and training, some are pretty broke.
I would have to agree. It would be nice to earn recognition points to buy supplies or even bandages for tasks.

I had been pondering, what also our guild could use recognition points for. If gaining ranks is pointless, could we get variant titles added at certain ranks? Such as squire at rank 1, then Defender at rank 5 then maybe at rank 10 knight, rank 15 marshal, rank 20 Seneschal.. and so on. Though, that is just a rough idea. And I am sure recognition points can be used for lots of other things that I can't think of off the top of my head, at the moment.. too. Or maybe even for a personal sense of accomplishment, Or, maybe even when riding into somewhere all will go, "Oh, hey! Look! it is Gralkik! Their goes a brave knight! A true model of Courage."
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

the problem i see with the title thing is, while they are nice in chat, having them in game goes against the idea that tasks represent more of your ability to grind tasks themselves, than favor or rank in your guild in game.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

On the subject of recognition points to purchase things: The Wyrvardn are still a fairly small organization, and I'd say they're still getting on their feet. They don't have a large supplemental or umbrella organization like the Church or an entire town or something backing them financially, so they kind of need that riln you spend on buying your supplies so they can continue to supply you with those ... supplies. Those supplies cost money to make or acquire.

And after all, they pay you to do your tasks. That riln has to come from somewhere.

Not being the guru, these are just my two riln on the subject.
The lore compels me!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Rias pretty much echoes my thoughts here. I didn't want to go into that much detail typing up a reply from my cell phone while I was getting ready for work so early in the morning, but I was thinking along those same lines as I was posting it. "It wouldn't really make much sense for them to offer recognition-based services, as they don't exactly have a well defined source of income."
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Bumping this up to see if Lassyn ever took this idea under consideration now that the guild accepts recognition points.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Lassyn has been gone for like 3 months.

My original opinion stated earlier in this thread remains unchanged.

The idea behind lowering the riln awarded upon task completion and enabling recognition based training was a bit of a compromise. They're still not a "rich" guild. I figured it was an acceptable compromise since in the long run they would be paying out less riln overall, and it actually forces their members to perform services expected of a Wyrvardn to reap the benefits of their guild masters training.

I'm not looking at adding more ways to spend or earn recognition points for that guild, though. The shops should still be riln based, but I'll double check them later tonight.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I was aware. :) He's missed.

As far as the guild points, it's just the training that requires it, not shops.

Thanks for the response.
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

I've noted that the only way to gain recognition points or guild points is to do tasks, solely. Can we have this changed so that any combat/guild related duties could be considered work done on behalf of the guild? (Ie, killing any sort of creature or bandit, or perhaps donations of supplies to towns.)

Return to “Wyrvardn”