Kitchen Woodwork

jilliana

Kitchen Woodwork

Post by jilliana »

I'd like to suggest the following things be built via the carpentry skill:

Cupboard
Counter
Shelf that isn't a bookshelf unless the bookshelf can be renamed to a regular shelf
crate
Stool

I can't think of anything else though I'm sure someone else will. I know a few of these things are in nicer homes, but it's rather sad for players who don't have as much riln or live in less fancy older homes to resort to a table and barrels for organization. Having the semblance of organization can look more asthetically pleasing as well.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Re: Kitchen Woodwork

Post by Jirato »

I think with the way carpentry is set up, this should be fairly easy to add. Will look into it.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Oh yay! Looking forward to it! :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

What do you propose the number of long planks, diagonal planks, groove planks, tooth planks, common nails, common hoops, common hinges, short planks, and/or curved planks would be required for each desired piece of new carpentry items?

For example, a wardrobe is defined as follows:

Code: Select all

'wardrobe':{'curved':2,'long':10,'short':10,'diagonal':4,'common_nail':16},
Which is to say, two curved planks, ten long planks, ten short planks, 4 diagonal planks, and sixteen nails (I find it interesting that these don't have hinges.... aren't they open/closeable?).
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
xavier

Post by xavier »

Cupboard = 2 curved, 6 long, 4 short, 14 nails, 4 hinges
Counter = 10 long, 4 short, 2 diagonal, 20 nails
Shelf = 2 long, 3 diagonal, 2 curved, 10 nails
crate = 12 short, 2 hoops, 14 nails, 1 hinge (assuming closeable, remove hinge and 2 short if not.)
Stool= 4 long, 2 short, 2 curved, 12 nails
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I looked at Xavier's stuff and I would pretty much go with that.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

I love the idea of adding two hoops to the crate for little handles. Nice touch.
artus

Post by artus »

This may not be directly related to kitchen furnitures, but here you go:
- I've discovered today that we have yet to be able to make our own trunks. I'd love to see that. Oh, and a wooden box wouldn't hurt.
- Now that we have desk, what about desk of drawers, or desk as a container where we can put things both in and on? I don't even know if it's possible mechanic wise, lol.
- What if grannies want some rocking chairs made?
- Did someone suggested shelves and cupboards earlier? I thumb that idea up.

I can actually think of many more, but afraid that'd make events less interesting. I even go as far as making wooden musical instruments using music+carpentry. Who knows, this may come in handy.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I did wonder if anything was done with this? :)

Merely curious.

Return to “Carpentry”