above-average carpentry items - do they hold more?

Kent

above-average carpentry items - do they hold more?

Post by Kent »

I bought a wardrobe from a shop and it didn't seem to hold a lot.

They I recalled that in leatherworking, if you make an above average backpack, pouch, or other container, it holds more. Then I got to wondering if this also applied to wardrobes, desks, and other carpentered items that have a holding capacity.

I guess it would take a GM to be able to answer this question.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Edoras

Re: above-average carpentry items - do they hold more?

Post by Edoras »

For posterity, from Discord earlier
Jirato wrote:no, no mechanical benefit to furniture quality. Including chests and stuff.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Edoras wrote:For posterity, from Discord earlier
Jirato wrote:no, no mechanical benefit to furniture quality. Including chests and stuff.
Not to be contrary or anything, but it sounds like that's something that could be doable. The better something is made, the more would fit. Not only that, but considering the work involved with making a piece of furniture, especially a higher than average one, one would think that it'd pay off in space available.

I am a little happy that I never spent the time making custom furniture for Jilliana because then I would have been disappointed. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

A 6 by 4 wardrobe is always going to be 6 by 4, regardless of how well it's put together. The doors may be all crooked and the wood may be all scratched up if your carpenter isn't good, but it's not going to magically make it any bigger if you're a master carpenter.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

Jirato wrote:A 6 by 4 wardrobe is always going to be 6 by 4, regardless of how well it's put together. The doors may be all crooked and the wood may be all scratched up if your carpenter isn't good, but it's not going to magically make it any bigger if you're a master carpenter.
All a masterwork piece of furniture will grant, is a higher value of furniture. It's like a masterfull painting, or piece of art.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I guess I just think of when I've done my own carpentry in real life. When I make something and it comes out crude, then it's going to be weebly wobbly and weird and it's just going to be cumbersome to put something into. I guess as far as CLOK goes I have to think of crude as being not particularly attractive instead of viewing it as with holes in it, etc.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Carpentry”