Ability idea:Spear hand?

An elite group of brawlers, street fighters, and ruffians.
Kunren

Ability idea:Spear hand?

Post by Kunren »

Otherwise known as Nukite, where you punch something... With your fingertips! XD I've actually not touched brawling in a bit and I can't recall if you can do spearhands, but if not, it would be pretty cool to be able to do. Maybe causing temporary blindness if hitting the eye or asphyxiation damage if hitting the throat, idk. Just a cool thingymabob. Google Nukite or spearhand for more info, I'm probably not explaining it too well.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
jilliana

Re: Ability idea:Spear hand?

Post by jilliana »

That sounds painful.

+1!
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Acarin

Re: Ability idea:Spear hand?

Post by Acarin »

Spearhand strikes require quite a bit of precision. I wouldn't recommend adding them into basic brawling combos (although I've suggested that in the past). Usually you would target the throat and if landed properly you can collapse the trachea and suffocate your target (or at least prevent them from breathing for a while). The eyes are too small of a target usually and one runs the risk of injuring their fingers if a spearhand doesn't hit an appropriately soft target... so eyes are probably out. Spearhand strikes are also quite effective when striking just below the floating rib/solar or when landed with extreme precision to a particular point over the liver (very hard to hit as there aren't good landmarks). The liver strike will usually causes someone to drop to the ground but this is a bit delayed (I've done this a few times and usually my target keeps fighting for another 10 or 15 seconds before their legs start to get wobbly and slowly drop... very fun to watch. They're left unable to stand for quite some time. Might be a really fun disabler effect...). I'm all for spearhand strikes and I think they'd make an interesting active/passive skill (maybe have a chance to execute one at the end of a combo like dirty tricks).

Return to “Brotherhood of the Fist”