Guild Store

An elite group of brawlers, street fighters, and ruffians.
Acarin

Guild Store

Post by Acarin »

I'd like to see a few more items available in the guild store (because it's all about branding). If anyone else has any ideas, please post them as well.

<Custom Color> <material> longcoat/jacket/coat embroidered with a black fist (So we can show our guild pride and advertise)
hand wraps or gloves with iron studs that are compatible with the current brawling system (so we can hit noncorporeal nethrim and not have to use heavy armor, i.e. gauntlets)
a cord-strung leather flask embossed with a fist (wearable, for drinking on the go!)
padded leather training gloves (for reducing damage output when sparring)
Acarin

Re: Guild Store

Post by Acarin »

Just bumping this and wondering about the guild's outlook regarding use of gauntlets.

I've heard that I'm the only one who does not currently use iron gauntlets to fight nethrim (although this might be a generalization).

I've always viewed the guild as looking down on armor. Gauntlets, while serving a useful function, are still armor and I feel that their use should be frowned upon from an rp perspective. Is there an official stance on this and, again, is it possible for an alternative to gauntlets/armor to be added?
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

You'd never see Arlen using them, and if he came across one of the members using them he'd probably have some minorly insulting words, but it's not really a super strict requirement.

IC reasons aside, wearing gauntlets should completely disable the brawling combo system - if they don't, then that's a bug.

Also, have you looked at the guild store lately? Though I'm not done, got sidetracked with other priorities.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Jirato wrote:Though I'm not done, got sidetracked with other priorities.
In fact, I just checked and am actually far from done. Thought I added more than that... whoops. Well, I've got the items in my head, just need to get them in the game now. Hopefully soonish.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Jirato wrote:
In fact, I just checked and am actually far from done. Thought I added more than that... whoops. Well, I've got the items in my head, just need to get them in the game now. Hopefully soonish.
Yay! Thanks Jirato! And thank you for the clarification!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Jirato wrote:You'd never see Arlen using them, and if he came across one of the members using them he'd probably have some minorly insulting words, but it's not really a super strict requirement.

IC reasons aside, wearing gauntlets should completely disable the brawling combo system - if they don't, then that's a bug.

Also, have you looked at the guild store lately? Though I'm not done, got sidetracked with other priorities.
I did notice the 2 new items that were added but they appear to be entirely cosmetic. Even so, they're a good look on Zuki! Thanks for adding them.

Gauntlets do currently completely disable the brawling system. No bug there.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Jirato wrote:
Just wanted to bump this so that it doesn't get lost and forgotten... since I know everyone is busy right now.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Just bumping this again as a reminder about guild store items. I know the GM staff is still really busy, but would love to see this filled out a little more, especially considering that we have some newer players in the guild now. If you need some help with design/descriptions on any of the items you were planning, let me know.

Also, any chance of rec points being used for training these days (brawling, melee, and dodge only)? Seems like Arlen would train his students at a discounted rate at least (or for recognition points), considering that he has a reasonably steady income stream now and built the inn for the purpose of training buddies to spar with/taking on students. (Saw this request declined for Wyrvardn, so not expecting it to happen... just wondering if it's now appropriate considering Arlen's motives and the fact that he already seems to make a decent living).
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Offering my assistance to Jirato in the creation of any items he okays for adding to the store. I always like seeing guild-specific shops filled out.
The lore compels me!
Mirazia

Post by Mirazia »

Two years later, I have added more goodies to the guild stores. Yay!
A greater lich looks over the posts on a large post board.

(Samani practically snarls as she consumes her flapjacks in one go.)

Dark powers surround Noctere and he brings forth his hands to summon... to summon... TO SUMMON!...
a handful of popcorn which appear on the ground with a slight POOF sound. Then Noctere leaves.

Return to “Brotherhood of the Fist”