Regarding the Festival Auction

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Loona
GM

Regarding the Festival Auction

Post by Loona »

Hello and good day,
I’m writing this post to address the recent frustration with the auction ending early. The original date that was set at the festival was suppose to be the end of June, however, when I made the sign for the auction I put July instead. When this came to my attention sometime later, maybe two weeks, I figured enough people had read the sign and expected the auction to run until the end of July, which is what I told players over question. To prevent any sort of conflict of interest, the auction was monitored by Jirato and Noctere in case the other members of the team wanted to participate. None of us saw the bids as they came in. So naturally it was under their control. However, they had been under the impression that the auction had ended last month along with the festival, and began to declare winners. As the items had already been sent out, This was primarly my fault for not making it known that this was the fact. Jirato and Noctere are often busy doing their own work, and I might've said something about it in our personal chats, but I never made a post about it here on the BBS for them to take notice of. We understood how unfair it might be to those who did win based on the time given, but also how it was unfair to those who had yet to place their bids. For this I do want to apologize. We will do better next time. That being said, the auction has ended, and the items that were bid on have been claimed.
Speaking to Dionisia, Eagalon apologetically says, "I am sorry that you also had to suffer this time too. but i definitely think that some arse hole is targetting me."
Dionisia says, "I could barely see in front of me."
Vlora says, "Is someone just really ripping a good one everywhere they go."
Aelarra quietly says, "Definitely an aeromancer."
[EVENTCHAT Uyoku]: Sorry cat laying in tap, tying hard.
sona

Re: Regarding the Festival Auction

Post by sona »

Hey, Just wanted to let you know that OOCly, I'm not troubled by this at all, and sort of was looking at an angle to drive RP. I understand these mistakes happen, and hope everyone had an entertaining time watching and listening to the resulting insanity. Thanks to the GM team for popping in and getting involved in that RP. I know it was probably a bit tense for some players, but I hope it wasn't too bad, if so, sorry for pushing the RP surrounding the matter.
verel

Post by verel »

Can't say I know what happened, but I just hope it wasn't too much drama.

I personally enjoyed the festival and hope all those who went did as well. I got all i personally wanted.

Thanks to all the GMs and such for working hard to make that thing happen.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Responding to Sona:

I've noticed of late there has been a culture of responding to someone else's loss with, "That doesn't bother me, that's no big deal", with the implication that since it doesn't bother me, then you shouldn't be bothered by it, either. Not only Sona here, but others have been doing this. In real life, if your car tires were slashed, or a rock thrown through one of your windows, and your neighbor came to you and tried to tell you that shouldn't bother you because it's no big deal, it would not make the vandalism less an issue, all it would do is make you resent that neigbor. Maybe your neighbor is wealthier than you or has better insurance and can easily afford to replace their tires or window. The fact remains that it isn't your neighbor's place to tell you what loss/misfortune is or is not a big deal for you. If something like this hasn't happened in real life to you yet, and what I am saying seems worthless, then someday it will happen, and it will sting when it does.

Myself, I didn't really want to pay the necessary high bid to win any of those auction items. I can also make the statement that I am not troubled by all of this. I took no loss. However, the fact remains that certain other players got burned by this auction blunder. When any player pontificates about it not bothering them (implication: It likewise shouldn't bother anyone else), this does a great deal of harm to certain souls who like to play CLOK and have had their trust in the game injured.

People, please stop this culture of deciding what should or should not bother other players. It is harmful our CLOK community.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “General Announcements”