CLOK Operating Costs Explained

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

CLOK Operating Costs Explained

Post by Jirato »

Hey all. By no means begging for donations, CLOK is my hobby and I am glad to support it. However, as we are in the process of transitioning to a new server, I'd like to explain exactly where any CLOK money is going presently.

If anyone would like to help out, you are welcome to visit https://www.patreon.com/clok for a monthly pledge or https://www.paypal.me/clokmud for a one time donation. Though this is pretty much my hobby and passion so, again, I'm fine paying out of pocket for this stuff. Several of the things I'm currently paying for are being used both not only for CLOK, but also for another game that I've kinda had on the backburner for a couple years, and my personal site/email address. Cause I'm a big nerd and like having websites, domains, and emails.

CLOK Server:
A dedicated server handling all aspects of CLOK, GUST-G, and my personal website.
This includes:
  • Nameserver services for my personal domain, CLOK, and GUST-G.
  • Mail services for my both clokmud.com and my personal domain.
  • Web server and database for my clokmud.com, gust-g.com, and my personal domain.
  • The CLOK game server
Total Cost: $224/month ($2,688/year) - I had mistakenly calculated this as $249/month when talking to some people privately last week - sorry for any confusion. It was not intended. There's a reason why I'd never be an accountant.

Additional Services (This isn't changing):
  • clokmud.com domain registration ($28/year)
  • gust-g.com domain registration (to include gust-g.net, gustg.com, gustg.net): ($122/year)
  • My personal domain (utilizing a different registrar, .com version) registration: ($50/year)
  • My personal domain (.net version): ($28/year)
Total overall expenses: $2916/year
Total expenses for CLOK only: $2716/year
Total expenses for CLOK and GUST-G combined: $2838
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Announcements”