Everburning braziers

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

Everburning braziers

Post by Jirato »

It has come to my attention that there was a seasonal merchant selling large black wrought-iron braziers and large blackened bronze braziers that function as everlasting heat and light sources, and that many of these were placed in various hunting areas, the wilderness, and player mines.

Note that items tagged with the 'everburning' property, which enable them to burn infinitely, are never intended to be accessible to the general player base or portable. These are only for use as GM props to be placed when building rooms such as the braziers around town. The only permanent light source for player mines are the sconces sold in haiban, which require a mine support to be installed first and must be periodically filled with oil. This is part of the upkeep cost of running a mine.

If you are in possession of these everburning braziers, please gather them all to a single room and send a REQUEST to have them collected, we will refund you the cost of 200 riln per brazier.

Any braziers not collected by next Friday will be deleted from the game without compensation.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Kiyaani

Re: Everburning braziers

Post by Kiyaani »

Thanks for looking into this and offering compensation. I'm curious though... does this count the braziers that are more GM set up and immovable like certain ones in Shadgard for keeping warm in the commons or right outside the canyon entrance? What if someone uses one in their personal home for warmth and light? Would there be a way to still keep it or have an alternative installed in that case? This seems like a more intended use of such an item as a one-off for cold weather - maybe with different flagging enabled.
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

1) Thank you for this.

2) Would it be possible that as an alternative to ever-burning braziers, that braziers be available that can be re-filled similar to the sconces? A moveable heat source does have a good bit of utility for groups in certain areas.

Either way, thank you kindly for this update.
gralkik

Post by gralkik »

Zeldryn wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:00 pm 1) Thank you for this.

2) Would it be possible that as an alternative to ever-burning braziers, that braziers be available that can be re-filled similar to the sconces? A moveable heat source does have a good bit of utility for groups in certain areas.

Either way, thank you kindly for this update.
I agree, something along the lines of something that would require rough logs, like campfires, that will burn longer.

Return to “General Announcements”