New ClokGear Version Out!

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Noctere
Coder

New ClokGear Version Out!

Post by Noctere »

A new ClokGear version has been released and if you have mudlet, updating is a snap! Just log on and let it update if you previously had the version that was auto uploaded before or uninstall any previous versions and let the server update it for you upon your next log on.

Changes:
- Font has been increased in many areas to improve visibility.
- Traveltime has been added to the character sheet. (Top right)
- Encumbrance has been added to the character sheet. (Top right)
- The chat window now automoves to the front upon first install.
- The chat window's font size updates to match the font of the main window. (It also matches the wordwrap settings of the main window)
- The guild info top right has been moved to a tab called, "Guild".
- The guild tab now includes information on your current task. (Updated live)
- There is now a new Occupants window which is updated live. (Meaning it shows everyone in the room, their current injuries, your target, their effects etc etc)
- The plugin now utilizes a new sending and receiving data standard(GMCP) and the data is now more 3rd party plugin compatible via PLUGINSTATS 6. (Many 3rd party tutorials for GMCP now also apply here. If anyone is interested, PM me for details.)
- Since the plugin now uses the new GMCP standard it is less prone to latency issues and all around runs a bit quicker than before.

Also don't forget to check out the options tab. Many people prefer things differently, such as having the plugin show up on the left and the Occupants window on the right. (There's an option for that!)
It's not easy being evil...
Jirato
DEV

Re: New ClokGear Version Out!

Post by Jirato »

Note that, while updating is optional for the time being, due to the new GMCP format for sending character data to the plugin being quite a bit more efficient and less stressful on the server, we will eventually be disabling support for the old plugin.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I'm curious, if you're disabling support for the old plugin, does that mean you'll also be removing the various other options for Pluginstats?

Mostly curious because while I don't use ClokGear, I do use the pluginstats.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

That's exactly what I mean, my goal is to see pluginstats versions other than the new GMCP one go away. CMUD supports GMCP natively, TinTin++ can support it with some minor tweaks, and I think MUSHclient has an add-on available to support it. More info here: https://www.mushclient.com/gmcp.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Announcements”