Contacting GMs

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

Contacting GMs

Post by Jirato »

The following commands are available to interact with the GM team. Please note that QUESTION, CHAT, and TELL are *NEVER* an appropriate method to contact GMs.

BUG:
Use this command to report a bug you've discovered. This gets logged to our bug database for later analysis and fix actions. Example: BUG I get a red error message when I type MINE in this room.

TYPO:
Use this the same as you would use the BUG command, but for typos. Example: TYPO The word wilderness is misspelled in this room.

THINK:
Use this to let us know ICly what your character is thinking. Example: THINK I wonder if Irwin has time to talk to me about the recent developments with the Dominion.

RITUAL:
Use this in place of the EMOTE or ACT commands to let us know ICly what your character is doing. Example: RITUAL kneels and solemnly recites vows to the taco lords.

REQUEST:
Use this if you need direct contact or interaction with a GM for OOC matters only. This may be used in conjunction with BUG, TYPO, or REPORT. Example: REQUEST open I have a flatbow that has an extra hyphen in the item description and would like it fixed please.

REPORT:
Use this for emergencies only to immediately contact all members of the GM team. REPORT There is a player named Bob who is constantly spamming CHAT with the F-Bomb.

Additional tips:
  • When in doubt, request.
  • Request is not to be used as a GM-summoning tool for IC interactions (example - requesting a GM to possess an NPC for you to interact with).
  • Some issues which were previously handled via email such as requests for character listings or IP address exemption for multiple players in the same household can now be handled via the request command.
  • You may follow up certain other automated commands such as craftmark requests and callsign requests with the REQUEST command if they go an extended period without being looked at.
  • While requests are queued, if you're offline, we won't be able to contact you, so don't log out immediately after submitting a request.
  • Requests are by-character, so if you submit a request on one character and then switch to another character, we will be unable to help you until you switch back.
  • There is no need to submit a request for a typo or bug unless it affects your character directly and you believe it to require manual GM intervention to correct. Otherwise, just a BUG or TYPO is sufficient.
  • If you are suffering from a bug or typo that DOES directly affect your character and requires manual GM intervention, please use BOTH commands (bug or typo, and request).
  • Patrons, once you've received a greenlight from Jirato that your monthly perk requests are approved, please use the REQUEST command to get in contact with a member of the GM team to fulfill your request.
  • Please be as explicit as possible when describing bugs and typos. For example, if you have a bugged item that you purchased form a shop, tell us which shop it is from. If it is a custom order item, describe its base appearance in the shop so that we can locate it.
  • Always submit bugs and typos in the rooms where they are relevant. Your character location is logged when sending a bug or typo.
  • As much as we try, GMs are not always around or could be busy working on other things. Please be patient while waiting for your request to be addressed.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Re: Contacting GMs

Post by Jirato »

Since this is new, I guess I should elaborate, though the command will walk you through everything if you type REQUEST by itself.

Usage:
REQUEST by itself will display your current request, which support queue it is in, and its position, if applicable.
REQUEST OPEN will open a new request. Usage: request open (text). Example: request open I just rented an inn room and my key doesn't work. Please help!
REQUEST CANCEL will cancel your request, if you no longer require assistance.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Alila

Post by Alila »

Hi,
Super super sorry to bother with a question like this one, especially since it’s detailed very extensively above, but I'm silly and clueless and would appreciate some clarification. Does this mean more or less anything that used to be handled through email should be resolved through request, and that in cases of uncertainty, a request should be opened before emailing? Or is email still an equally valid method for listed uses of request and should be attempted first in the case that the reason for contacting is not under that list? Sorry again; this isn't me rushing or pressuring or nagging any of you, so please please please try not to see it that way. Thank you for reading, and I hope this question makes some sort of sense.
-Alila
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Requests are preferred on most cases, and if you're unsure I feel a request would be the best place to ask.

I think the thing to ask yourself is, does a GM need to interact with me? If the answer is yes. request is the way to go.

Note that patreon requests will still need to be started with an email just so we can make sure the email address matches up with the payment records, but after a patreon request is approved, we'll be asking you to use the request command to coordinate getting in contact with you to fulfill it.
Alila

Post by Alila »

Excelent, thank you so much.
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Hakkon
CLOK Patron

Post by Hakkon »

My turn to ask a clarifying question that may be apparent to others! To be clear on Patron Perks: Are we meant to open a request along the lines of "I will be available for several hours today/ on these days for perk stuff?"
Velrath

Post by Velrath »

We are able to see all existing requests at all times, so you're free to send one in at any point. Should you be online or come online at a later time, we can handle it then and there. Of course, it's good to not send a request and immediately log out, since there's the possibility that we will be there.
Maeriwyn

Post by Maeriwyn »

Is it good or bad etiquette to try doing a ritual every one or two days if you wanted to talk to a NPC?

Just wondering if trying rituals multiple times is expected, or if everything is already saved and logged and GMs will eventually react to just one thing.

Return to “General Announcements”