A note on bans, appeals, and circumvention

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

A note on bans, appeals, and circumvention

Post by Jirato »

CLOK is a fairly old MUD at this point. Over its many years of operating, we've come across a few instances where individuals have been banned from the MUD. It's never something we do lightly. I'd like as many people to enjoy CLOK as possible. I'm rather glad that in all the years CLOK has been running, there's actually not that many instances of bans, but it does unfortunately happen every now and then.

If you find yourself in a situation where you've been banned from CLOK and feel a desire to play again, we'd be glad to reconsider your situation. A well written email to support at clokmud dot com will get the ball rolling, and you may find yourself pleasantly surprised with the results. However, the worst possible thing you can do is try to circumvent your ban, using various means to mask your identity and continue playing CLOK after you've been asked not to. Please, don't do this. Seriously, just send us an email after there's been some time for things to settle, and we'll give it consideration.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Re: A note on bans, appeals, and circumvention

Post by Jirato »

Several bans have recently been repealed as I was going through the login code cleaning some things up.

I don't really expect any of these previously banned players to log in and start playing again, but on the off chance that they do (and read this), please be mindful of the following:
1) Don't troll - if you come back just to troll and/or bash CLOK, you'll go back on the ban list.
2) Think carefully about how your message will be received before posting to the BBS/chat/discord.
3) If you log in the "locked box", feel free to send a REQUEST to talk about it.

Any discussion about getting unbanned or out of the "locked box" should be handled through the REQUEST command or emailing our support address ONLY. Not through BBS private messages, discord private messages, or asking your friend to talk to me for you.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Announcements”