Break my code, please! (Account/Character Creation preview)

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

Break my code, please! (Account/Character Creation preview)

Post by Jirato »

If you guys would like a sneak preview of the new account creation system and new character creation menus, please type CONNECT at the login screen.

A couple things to try:
  • Make an account
  • Try to make multiple accounts with the same email address
  • Try (unsuccessfully) to validate your email address.
  • Enter gibberish at the menu.
  • Create a character
  • Select different options/features/styles and name your character, entering gibberish wherever.
A couple things to note:
  • Accounts are going to be wiped out before they go live for real, this is just a test, anything you enter is temporary.
  • Even though it may say so, it's not actually sending out validation emails right now, as that unlocks some other features that aren't quite ready for the public eye.
  • Characters aren't actually saved at the end of character creation, but we do get a GM alert about the name, so nothing inappropriate, please.
Please reply here with any oddities encountered, or typos/horrible misspellings.

Thanks!
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Fayne

Re: Break my code, please! (Account/Character Creation preview)

Post by Fayne »

I got all the way to choosing a build for my character, then it just kinda.... stopped.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Whoops! Should be fixed, was a bug only affecting characters that did not have any defining racial features.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Okay, seems it's kinda working? Character creation gets to build I select it, it seems to register, but fails to move on to the defining feature if the race doesn't actually have any options, such as Huec. You can still select 1 though and it will go through just fine. Tested everything else, all seems good so far. Gibberish doesn't seem to affect it at all. Not gonna try anything inappropriate, but might want to set up a filter to prevent it.

Edit: Nevermind, mister quick-fixer. Lol

Double edit: It still isn't working, at least with Huec. C'mon, you know I gotta test with my favorite race.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

For the record for those who see this after the fact, issue with Huec and other races that don't have a definining feature, definitely fixed and confirmed fixed. As of this time, everything looks like it's working, so if you see it breaking again, please let me know.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Thank you everyone who helped test last night. We were able to identify and resolve a few issues.

The CONNECT command is currently disabled while I work on finishing the character creation process and some additional account features.

Return to “General Announcements”