Opportunity to come forward

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

Opportunity to come forward

Post by Jirato »

It has come to my attention that a door to a recently built player home was accidentally made unlockable from the outside (without a key). This was quite obviously an oversight by the GM who built the home and not as intended.

I would like to give the player who decided to enter the home and take all the valuable items from it an opportunity to come forward and return the items to the affected player. If you believe you have been involved in this, please email support at clokmud dot com with the details. This was an obvious exploit of a bug, and we would much rather have the situation resolved peacefully and without having to spend an hour or longer digging through log files.

Thanks.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Re: Opportunity to come forward

Post by Jirato »

Note that I have concluded my investigation and identified the individual involved. I'm not sure if they read this forum, but if they happen to see this, or if one of y'all happen to know them and can point their attention to this, I'm still waiting for that email to the support address. I will likely be taking action later tonight if nothing is received.

This type of behavior ruins the game for the victims. The logs indicate it was done very deliberately, with multiple re-entries to grab more loot. The actions and emotes performed during the incident give an impression of an "I-don't-care" or even a borderline malicious attitude. Yes, I know the emotes are IC and could be taken as a form of RP, but the fact that the player home was enter-able at all was clearly an oversight/bug. There have been recent announcements regarding player homes and how they are not intended to be unlocked without a key. This kind of behavior isn't tolerated.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Announcements”