Take a closer LOOK

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rias
DEV

Take a closer LOOK

Post by Rias »

Characters may now look at items held or worn by other characters (including NPCs). Gone are the days of having to go through the embarrassing procedure of removing one's pants in order to show them to a friend so that they can see the finer details!

Syntax: look [character] [worn/held item noun]
Examples:
- look rias longcoat
- look beniah maul
- look bryce revolver

There may be a few wonky results (such as occasionally seeing the inside of items due to the item's description messaging being written with the assumption that the person is able to look it over thoroughly), but I think it'll be okay to just overlook that, and adjust for this new mechanic when writing future item descriptions.

If anyone has an item that they prefer others aren't able to look at closely, and it makes sense for its details to be hidden unless held or worn by the one doing the looking (such as a ring with tiny writing, or writing on the inside of the ring), let me know and I'll add a tag to the item so that others can't see its details unless they're holding it themselves, or you show it to them. I'm going to be very picky about this, however.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

If you can't find me in-game, you can always mail the item to me via the in-game post office, in a package along with a parchment with your request written on it. I'll tag it (if I deem it appropriate to be tagged for hidden details) and mail it back.
The lore compels me!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

An excellent improvement. Thank you.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!

Return to “General Announcements”