Let it snow!

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Let it snow!

Post by Rias »

The weather system is currently being tested, so it's snowing around Shadgard. Be sure to dress warm, as the less you're wearing, the more quickly you'll freeze! Use of the HEALTH verb will tell you if you're suffering from cold temperatures. The colder you get, the greater chance you'll have of taking damage from the cold, and the higher the damage potential. Head somewhere indoors to thaw out. Areas with fireplaces and building campfires will help you warm up more quickly.

If you're indoors, any obvious exits leading outdoors and into adverse weather will note as much:

[Hearth and Home, Common Room]
This cozy common room is filled to capacity with pine tables and chairs, wooden support beams criss-crossing the low ceiling. A glowing fire burns merrily in a large hearth, keeping the room warm. A long wooden bar serves as a serving area, telltale sounds of a busy kitchen emenating from an open doorway just behind it. Several hunting trophies can be seen mounted on the walls.
There is a small crowd of people here. The area is somewhat noisy.
Also here: the bard Jerromir.
Obvious exits: north, out (snowing).
Shadgard tailor Elric is particularly excited about the winter chill, looking forward to record sales as townsfolk purchase more clothing to keep themselves warm.
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Due to the dangers of the cold, snowy weather, a gatehouse has been added to town to replace the old town gate. The gatehouse is an indoor area between the interior and exterior of town with cozy burning braziers to keep the town guards (and weary travelers) sheltered and warm.

Also, the death drop-off point has been moved to the Chapel on the south side of town by the Barrier, so people won't be dumped out in the bitter cold just after dying.
The lore compels me!
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Just a thought - do you ever plan on letting it STOP snowing??
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Hah! Yes, we do. Automating the weather system is on the to-do list, but it's low priority at the moment. It's snowed long enough for the time being, so I'll turn it off for a bit.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General Announcements”