A note from Lassyn

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Jirato
DEV

A note from Lassyn

Post by Jirato »

When I started GMing for CLOK, I did it because I wanted to help improve a game which had been a long time source of entertainment, fun, and community. I had talents that could be useful, and the time and energy to dedicate towards fostering friendships, encouraging strong roleplay, and creating a world where people wanted to spend their time. My goal was, and will always be, to use my talents to most effectively help CLOK.
With that goal in mind, I will be retiring from GMing on CLOK.

In my time on CLOK I’ve been able to work to create face lifts and needed updates for guilds and areas. I’ve created factions and made them part of this living breathing world. I’ve run events which people seemed to enjoy, and I’ve had the privilege of RPing with, and sometimes maliciously killing out of boredom, what I still maintain is one of the most talented and kind player bases I’ve ever come across in my decade of mudding. However, with upcoming changes in my life, I can expect what free time I once was able to count on to almost completely dry up. What little time I have will need to be dedicated towards my dog, my friends, and my mental and physical health. I wouldn’t have the time I believe is necessary to dedicate towards GMing.

When I was young my parents always told me to do something right or not at all. They said that motion was the only way of growth, and to stay still was to let the world pass me by. I wouldn’t feel right just disappearing into obscurity. I’m by no means against the idea of running an event every once in a while, but I am hesitant to promise because of the possibility that I won’t be able to keep my word. Truth is, an opportunity has presented itself in RL which is breathtaking in its scope; to give it anything less than my all would be an insult to some incredibly generous people.

This has been a great opportunity, and I am extraordinarily grateful to Jirato and the rest of the team. Thank you guys for making such a cool sand castle, and for letting me come around and help you decorate it and hold mock battles. You guys are super groovy.

If I could be so forward as to end with three requests:
- Be kind to one another. Stress happens, and people clash, but we’re all here for the same reasons.
- Be patient with one another, especially with your staff. They work hard, and they’re still learning and trying new things.
- Have fun. This is, after all, a game. That’s what they’re for.

Thank you for playing with me. Thank you for letting me run events for, and with, you. Thank you for sharing your characters, your ideas, and your creativity with me. Thank you for recommending new ideas to make the game better. Thank you for getting excited when I did something right. Thank you for being understanding when I took a wrong turn. Thank you for all the fish. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “General Announcements”