New Ritual Command

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Lassyn

New Ritual Command

Post by Lassyn »

Posted earlier today:

(OOC) ANNOUNCEMENT: The ritual command has been added as a companion to the think command. It's basically a logged version of the act/emote commands. Which is to say, if you act out something via ritual, we'll see it. This is mostly meant as a role-play tool and aid. However, it should not be used to circumvent game mechanics. For example, it shouldn't be used to the effect of generating new items or altering the game environment, and then asking us to create the items or make the changes. As with the think command, we cannot guarantee an immediate response, if any at all, to rituals. Rituals are primarily for use in spiritualism/religious experiences, and will be components of certain RP-based guilds. Anyone found to be abusing the command will have their privileges revoked. Enjoy!
Skjotur

Re: New Ritual Command

Post by Skjotur »

This is really cool. Thanks.
Tangela
CLOK Patron

Post by Tangela »

This is incredibly great. One of the things I've always loved about clok is how open staff is to player-lead events and things, even going so far as to code additional functionality for it. Thank you all for being awesome.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

When doing rituals should we try to keep it all in one use per ritual or is it okay to use the ritual command multiple times over the course of the ritual to split it up a little?
sona

Post by sona »

Also, if we listed either here, or on the wiki (preferably the wiki), that describes what a standard prayer ritual might look like? Do all/most follow a similar process? light a candle (perhaps different colors/herbal scents) , perhaps organs or animal carcasses to be offered to hunting/darker themed immortals (eyes for Malfant? maybe a heart, or the whole carcass of a particularly challenging hunt, if you're having a ritual for Bogvaskr/Rami), etc. Or do ritual prayers stuff tend to be more individualized, taking components from a particular immortal's faith that suit their own particular style in worship. I suppose there's no one way to ritual right, so we might see a lot of both.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Skjotur wrote:When doing rituals should we try to keep it all in one use per ritual or is it okay to use the ritual command multiple times over the course of the ritual to split it up a little?
Just use it how you would use act/emote.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

sona wrote:Also, if we listed either here, or on the wiki (preferably the wiki), that describes what a standard prayer ritual might look like? Do all/most follow a similar process? light a candle (perhaps different colors/herbal scents) , perhaps organs or animal carcasses to be offered to hunting/darker themed immortals (eyes for Malfant? maybe a heart, or the whole carcass of a particularly challenging hunt, if you're having a ritual for Bogvaskr/Rami), etc. Or do ritual prayers stuff tend to be more individualized, taking components from a particular immortal's faith that suit their own particular style in worship. I suppose there's no one way to ritual right, so we might see a lot of both.
I'd rather not... this kind of stuff makes me uber uncomfortable. That's the one thing I was afraid of when I made this command.

I mean, if you want to do stuff like that, that's fine. I'm not about to write up a bunch of official lore on dark sacrifices and stuff though. Let's just leave that to your own interpretations. And again, don't use it to bypass mechanics (pretty sure there are no mechanics that let you harvest organs from critters).
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Lassyn

Post by Lassyn »

The beauty of this command is that it's really up to your own experience and ideas. Go ahead and ritual how you'd like, staying within mechanics.
The primary purpose of this command is for guilds that will require rituals for advancement. Feel free to use it and enjoy it though!
Rituals should enjoy the same mindset as playing Clok: do what you want and what your character will do, and if the GMs aren't tapping you on the head and asking you to stop, assume we're okay with it.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Thank you for this. I can't wait to use it. :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “General Announcements”