Wilderness Expansion

Announcements that don't fit into another category.
Rias
DEV

Wilderness Expansion

Post by Rias »

As part of a project that I'll be cracking down on over the weekend, the wilderness will be expanding. Tarueka has been moved a bit further down the road past the farm and to the northwest. Look for the thoroughfare in order to reach everyone's favorite infested town.

To help alleviate travel time/fatigue/hunger:
- Buy a mount at the stables.
- Travel with an aeromancer who knows the Fair Winds ability.
- Appoint a Udemi trailblazer as your group leader.

For the time being, the wilderness is rather tame and free of hostiles. Dont get used to this!
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

In addition to the wilderness expansion, a new explorable area is now open and available. The Stone Canyon. This can be found in the forested region of the wilderness in the mountains to the northeast of Shadgard.

Be warned! This area is quite dangerous and offers challenges never before experienced.

Also, as part of this area release the true entrance to the river caverns and their salamanders has been given a new home within this canyon instead of through their watery portal.

The area is not yet set up to be foragable, but a new mine does exist along with some new ore and gem types which are now released for testing. I will be working on adding foragables in the coming days.

Enjoy!
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Niftyness! The new areas and animals are cool! You guys rock as usual. xD
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Landion

Post by Landion »

I'm glad you like it! There are a few bugs, but we'll get those ironed out.

Keep in mind, there are areas within the canyon that are labeled 'wilderness' that are actually more explorable area and separate from the wilderness outside the canyon. That seemed to confuse you guys a little on the way out. It was an idea I had to try to give you the feel that you can kind of leave the set 'trail' if you want to and go out into the woods more. We'll see how it turns out I suppose.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I found it pretty neat, and entertaining. I look forward to exploring it more in depth later! Though, the rocs were unbutcherable.
Last edited by KianTheArcher on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Loggers will notice that oak trees have become abundant in certain forested areas. You can SURVEY to see what types of trees are there. Expect more tree types to become available as we get around to it.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Landion

Post by Landion »

Necro-thread!

The Wilderness has been expanded once again! (And will continue to be in the future.)

Check out your in-game maps for a good look.

We will be moving several areas in the near future due to this expansion, and several parts of the new wilderness areas are still being polished, however it is open and ready for business, even if it is rather empty at the moment.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I just checked my map, this is great! Thanks for all that the GMs do to make this an awesome world.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland

Return to “General Announcements”